Chapter 21: 7 weeks later..AKA the closing chapter

7 weeks later

************************

We went over the Hallows Run cemetery. It was a foggy cold Saturday morning....Nobody was there except for me and my two best friends.

     It was a cold damp Friday afternoon and we put roses in from of TJ and Marvin's graves....I knelt down before the grave and hugged both of them. I got up and Tanya hugged me hard.

    "You know there is a really famous quote I have heard ever since I was a toddler," Tanya spoke. "The best way to have a friend is to be a friend." "Yeah, Robin we were so close to being goners if it wasn't for you...The whole school is happy that you got us back alive...And that you defeated Mr. E. Thank you for everything..." Taylor touched my hand....His big hand felt warm and soft...My heart warmed up too...

     "You know, it wasn't just that death camp that almost got us killed...How about that time when there was a student at our school threatening to murder other students? You got up and screamed in his face and screamed for help...And you got his butt expelled for what he said..." Tanya made me remember. "Oh I forgot about that..." I said softly...."How about the time when we were all going to prom and I almost forgot my dress...If it wasn't for you, I would have gone in casual clothing and I would have been mortified..." Tanya said. "How about the time you came to my house with a heart full of chocolates on Valentine's Day!" Taylor stated...."You two are the absolute best!!!!!!!!!" I screamed at the top of my lungs, hugging both of my friends in a group hug. We all bellowed.........."Where the hell would we be if we never friggin met you??!!!" Taylor asked as his face turned crimson.....

    Tanya then had to get going somewhere..."All right peeps...I got to get going. God bless both of you. I hope both of you have a safe rest of your day...Robin I can't wait to try on dresses with you and do each others hair the next time we have a girls night out with my other friends..." Tanya hugged me and then left....

***************************************

    Me and Taylor left the cemetery holding hands together...He is so kind. We exited the place to our left and we were now walking down a sidewalk towards the other side of town. The sky was dark blue and it felt a little misty in the air. Check your weather app...I told myself. I saw in the forecast that there were going to be severe lightning storms and heavy rain coming in about an hour..."We should get to some place safe...Want to go to the fancy restaurant that is down the road from here?" Taylor asked me. "No..." I said sternly...He looked like his feelings were hurt...."We are not going there unless I do this to you...." I said, pulling him into him. I pulled his head close to my face and kissed him on is lips...I loved the taste of his lips. He caressed the tips of my fingers briefly and touched tongues with me...I slowly moved my fingers against his palms. "AWW....That was sweet.." He whispered in my ear..."Off to Dr. Marley's Famous Steakhouse and seafood???" I asked him smiling and raising an eyebrow...."HELL YEAH BABY GIRL!!! I know we have been best friends for a long time......And it's about time I ask you this...Would you be interested in being my girlfriend??!!!" He asked me...Those words made me feel like the sun was going to pop through the clouds...."I would love to..." I whispered to him.

    "I'll call an Uber to pick us up..."Taylor said.."I am also going to pay for your meal. Dinner is on me sweetheart.." He touched my hand. The rain started picking up and we continued to kiss each other....I love my new boyfriend....I am happy I have fun memories with TJ and Marvin...I am not sad because our days of getting together with them are over...I am happy because it happened...And I feel loved inside that I have this amazing boy...Excuse me, this young man with me and nothing will ever hurt us again....I don't have anything else to lose...Just as long as Taylor is inside my heart and he loves me...Just as long as Tanya is right there beside me...What do I have left to loose?