Chapter 20

I barely woke up.....My eyes were crusty and I took my fingers and got some of the crust out. I slowly opened them and I saw that I was in my bedroom.

     I saw myself looking in my rectangular mirror towards my right and I had some cuts and bruises on my face....I looked up at my dresser with a small circular mirror that was near my makeup kit and my array of lipsticks....

    Should I get out of bed? I was still in my regular clothes.

     I don't know what to say...knock knock!

     "Sweetheart..It's me.." My dad said outside of my room..."Come in..." I yawned. He opened the door and he had a tray of Strawberry cereal, waffles and a small glass of grape juice. Behind him was my mom with a small wooden table....I sat up from my bed and my mom placed it right in front of me. Then came the tray of breakfast that was in front of my eyes....

     "Thank you..." I said.

    "If you are not up for going to school today, that is ok," My father said as my mom left the room. "You almost collapsed and went into a coma....We took you to the doctor briefly while you were asleep and he said that you need to rest and take it easy. Your body has been through a LOT..." My dad said...."Dad...I am sorry....Tell mom I said that too...For not being a good daughter in the past...." I got up from bed and hugged him sobbing..."I feel like if me, Taylor and Tanya didn't all go out...Marvin and TJ would still be here....I am sorry for all the times I snuck out...I am sorry for all the times that I got into trouble at school...I am probably going to be grounded for over month for this.....I am stupid..." I muffled into his shoulder...My dad looked into my face and said to me..."Robin...It is not your fault that two of your friends are not here anymore......They were very good to you. You looked out for them....And they did the same for you....I am not grounding you...You were a team leader and helped Taylor and Tanya when they were in deep peril. Even before the whole Camp Untergang incident....You can take off from school if you want...Actually you NEED TO...In fact there is a doctor's note stating that you have to..." He informed me. He grabbed a tissue from a tissue box that sitting on my dresser. He dabbed my eyes and wiped away my tears...."Thanks dad..." I muttered.

***************************************************

     Before I was going to go to sleep, I got onto my laptop briefly...I went onto my school's website and saw that the morning announcements were posted...My two classmates were on camera with microphones...They are apart of the tv productions class at my school....

     After the intro and the pledge of allegiance to the flag of the USA, they began talking about the case of me and my friends missing....They mentioned about TJ and Marvin's passings...and Former Principal Gwen's passing.....They even said that there will be a memorial happening at the school to honor these three passed away. There was even going to be a bench built in from of the school dedicated to our beloved principal....The whole school was in mourning.....

    *****************************************

     Right before I was going to shut my eyes, I saw a note that was under my plate. I lifted my plate and opened the envelope. Inside was a small Kit Kat bar and a note that said:

Robin...IF it wasn't for you, we would have joined every other dead person who died at the camp up above. We are really happy that we met you back in middle school...in 8th grade. We wish you great health and we will keep you in our thoughts and prayers..

Warm regards,

Taylor and Tanya