Chapter 18__Bitter proposal

Start from the beginning

But no! This is actually happening. I internally screamed and wanted to just smash each and everything.

Suddenly I felt a warm and soft palms on mine.
I looked up to see that it was Aslihan.

She looked at me with pitiful eyes. My mother-in-law and Zakariya were present as well staring at me with pale faces.

I sensed that Abdul Razzaq already left. "Don't worry Kulsum, everything will be alright." Aslihan spoke softly.

"Yeah, we won't ever let Esra come between you two." Zakariya said firmly.
"Oh yeah, how? Will you marry her instead?" Aslihan snapped at him.

"Astagfirullah, I'd rather die being unmarried than marry that deceitful woman." Zakariya said dramatically as he placed his hand on his chest.

"You two stop already......Kulsum dear, don't worry, everything will be fine. I'll talk to Razzaq." My mother-in-law said as she smiled weakly.

"No it's fine. It's his decision. Whether he marries her or not.....it's up to him." I sniffed.

I mean what I said. I don't want anyone to meddle in this matter.
It's obviously clear that he wants to marry her otherwise he would've said no right there and then.

I got up from there and just ran to my room and threw myself on the bad as I was having an immense panic attack.

I know he won't deny the proposal, my guts is telling me that he won't reject.
My heart is breaking down pieces by pieces in my ribcage.

I even spotted them at the hotel that day. What if he's actually cheating on me?!

What if Esra is pregnant and they're just planning to marry them off!?
But Abdul Razzaq wouldn't do this right?

But somewhere deep in the core of my heart, it's telling me that Abdul Razzaq wouldn't do this.

He didn't cheat on me, but all the circumstances and situations are against him.

My breaths started getting shallow as I reached for the water.

After a while, I calmed down. I took out my prayer mat and started praying nifal rakaats.

I raised my hands and cupped them as I started making dua.

'Oh Allah please guide me. Please grant me peace and patience. I say that I don't want him but my heart aches at the thought of him being with another woman as well. I know he's permitted to have a second wife but I can't bear it any longer.

I don't know what else to do or think. I say that whatever he does, doesn't matter to me but only you know that it does matter to me.'

I went in sujood as I continued praying.

'Oh Allah please respond upon me. Please guide me in the right way. I'd be lying if I say it doesn't bothers me if he marries that woman.

But only you and the core of my heart knows that how much it bothers me.
I don't know what else to do. Only you can answer my prayers and ease my pain.

Indeed you tests those whom you love. Oh Allah please make it easier for me.

I cannot live like this knowing and witnessing him marry another woman.

I'm not saying this because I want something from him.

Yes, in the beginning maybe I wanted his money, but now I just want him.

I don't know if I love him but I definitely do care!
And I can't bear him being with another woman.

I know it's just for 7 months.....but now, I'm not sure I even want to end all of this even after 7 months.

Oh Allah I don't know what's happening to me or what I'm feeling.
Oh Allah, you know about your servants better than them.

Allah please help me and put my heart and mind into the right place.
Oh Allah please guide me.

Allah please don't test me with this. Indeed you put no burden on your servant to which we cannot bear.

Allah please make it easier for me. I beg you. I don't know what I'm feeling.
But you know. You know what's best for me.

Allah please don't do this to me. I can't see him like this.'

Saying so, I got up from the sujood and folded my prayer mat.

I opened the door and was about to head out when suddenly I bumped into something really hard.

I was about to fall backwards, but I felt a strong muscled arms grabbing my waist gently and pulled me back as I collided against his solid chest.

I witnessed Abdul Razzaq holding me as I gazed into his ocean blue eyes.
My heartbeat erupted in my ribcage as my breaths became heavy.

But somehow, I felt safe and comforted in his embrace and his glittering eyes showed affection and.....love?

I never felt my heart go this wild upon seeing him.
Is this the sign I was waiting for?
____________________________________________

Note- please don't skip the duas made by Kulsum.

Heyy guys!!!!

I was free today so I decided to write one more chapter today lol.

Hope you liked this chapter as well. Please vote and comment.

Comment what you think will happen next?
Will he accept the proposal?

Thank you so much for reading.

Also if you want reels and spoilers about Abdul Razzaq and Kulsum please follow my Instagram account.

Instagram user- moonstone_booklover

Love ya'll
Potterhead