eight

⍣ ❁ ⁂ ٭

⍣ ❁ ⁂ ٭

After the meal, everyone was escorted to their respective rooms for the night. Since there were only three available rooms, it was decided that the two friends would sleep in one while Jungkook and you would each have your own.

After washing up and changing into your pajamas, you went downstairs to the living room. The Wi-Fi signal wasn't strong enough upstairs, let alone in your room. Everyone in the mansion was busy with their own activities, which allowed you to enjoy a quiet space. Taking advantage of the peaceful atmosphere, you settled on one of the sage green sofas, incredibly comfortable, and took out your phone from your pocket.

While scrolling through various uninteresting apps, the sound of footsteps caught your attention. Glancing at the main entrance of the living room, you discovered the wizard dressed in a loose sweater and sweatpants. When his gaze met yours, he flashed a shy smile, not expecting to find someone there.

You smiled back, inviting him to join you with a wave of your hand. He complied, finding that chatting with you was pleasant and relaxing. He enjoyed these moments when you listened to him talk about his life in the kingdom of Nosha, and in return, you'd explain the ways of your world with passion and precision.

"How do you feel?" You asked as he sat in a comfortable position on a cream-coloured chair across from you.

He shrugged. "Good, I guess? Something about the atmosphere here makes me feel safe. As if particles of magic filled the air."

You nodded, curious about the reason for that. Only Aachi knew, so for now, all he could do was to enjoy whatever that place had to offer.

As silence followed his words, you pursed your lips as you suddenly remembered he had a girlfriend. Guilt washed over you as you watched him staring at the night sky through the window. Talking about it would only make things awkward.

But again, I needed to make sure I hadn't acted inappropriately toward him.

"So," I started with a soft voice. "A girlfriend, huh?"

Immediately, his eyes shot up your direction as a puzzled look showed on his face. You bit your lip, wishing you'd get swallowed by a hole.

He simply nodded.

Unable to fight back a sigh, you let it out. It looked like you had to get straight to the point with the man.

"I'm sorry, I didn't know. I hope I didn't make you uncomfortable or something..." you admitted as you fiddled with your hands, looking away from Jungkook

Confusion was written all over his face. "You never made me uncomfortable. Did you try to hit on me?"

You were shocked by his straightforward question, but you quickly answered as you shook your head from left to right.