three

⍣ ❁ ⁂ *

⍣ ❁ ⁂ *

READER

"So, where am I?" The young-looking man asked me again. "This place is weird..." he quickly added, scanning absolutely everything in the pantry room

I took a deep breath, having trouble believing I was having an actual conversation with the wax figure that had been sleeping in my pantry room for days.

"We're in my home." I spoke in a calm tone to maintain my composure. Now that I was alone with him, I couldn't show an ounce of worry. "Can you stand up?"

He simply nodded as I stood up, waiting for him to do the same. However, the man seemed to struggle, so I had no choice but to help and actually touch him. The skin of my hand had only just grazed Jungkook's white jeogori when the two of us got struck by an electric shock.

"Ow!" I groaned as I broke the sudden contact "Shit..." I mumbled, rubbed the palm of my hand.

The man stared at me in utter confusion, as if I had just cast a spell over him. Eventually, he managed to get on his feet by himself. I cleared my throat to break the awkward silence.

"Come, I think you need some rest."

"Huh, wait!" He exclaimed, interrupting me in my tracks. "Why am I here? Who are you? Am I in prison?"

The panic in his eyes made me feel sorry. With the most soothing voice, I told him to follow me, assuring that he was safe. After a few seconds, he gave in, walking closely behind me as I lead him to the kitchen.

"Here, take a seat." I pointed at one of the four bar stools around the kitchen counter. The stranger frowned as he approached the chair, grazing it with a light, almost timid touch. "Something's wrong?" I asked, eyebrows furrowed

"Is that a chair? Why is it so high?"

If I was confused at first, I was at a loss for words now. As he kept eyeing the stool with a curious look on his face, I scanned his figure in silence. The traditional clothes he wore were clean, but they looked old. Thinking of it, he was dressed like a nineteenth century peasant. At this point, I wouldn't be surprised to learn he was born two centuries ago.

"Jungkook." I called his name, causing him to jump a little. "What year is it?"

"2023, why would you ask?"

I stared in confusion. "Why are you dressed like that?"

He looked down at his outfit, wondering what was wrong with it. Suddenly, his eyes lit up. His dark brown orbs landed back on me, analyzing my clothes this time. Jungkook had never seen such garments. He could only distinguish the top piece from the bottom one. However, the alliance of both made no sense to him.