13

It was the end isn't it ?

The end of it all, the last night together with Jeon Jungkook. Hoseok couldn't grasp the reality he faced, this was practically the end of his journey, he's finally gonna find his ring and get back home. His home that had his loved ones and his boyfriend, his perfect job and friends but despite it all something felt wrong.

And he would be lying if he tired to believe this wasn't something about Jungkook.

Hoseok was in love. If not then why did the thought of never seeing him again hurt so much, this was all a mistake, a stupid mistake.

Pacing around his room all alone, hoseok thought of how selfish he was, a narcissist who's practically cheated on his boyfriend, lied to his friends and of course is a disgrace. He bets that's exactly what everyone at home would say as well.

He definitely dint deserve happiness but at this moment however hoseok dint care, all he could think was how he dint want this journey to end, how he needed Jungkook to continue this ridiculous trip with him, to walk around and laugh on his silly jokes. To watch him cook and sing songs, to laugh at how competitive he is, to sit and notice the tiniest details about him. He needed the tour guide all to himself and he couldn't care less but not everything's that simple, there was too much to lose.

Hoseok loved Jungkook but did the tour guide feel the same ? He's willing to be selfish and leave everything behind but was it really worth it if he's about to end up heart broken ?

As much as hoseok loved him if leaving was the most peaceful end then that's exactly what he'd do. He'd rather run away than hold any bitter memories regarding Jungkook. Blaming himself for the entire life seemed easier than facing rejection from the tour guide it was the easiest way to deal with his unresolved feelings.

With a heavy heart hoseok dressed up for the last dinner with the tour guide.

___________________________________

Hoseok couldn't look Jungkook in the eye and it wasn't hard to notice how the tour guide couldn't either.

They sat and stared forward at the singer as they ate dinner, the world around felt mundane, the hush surrounding and dim lights at this place resembled his mood. A singer standing ahead with a live band sang a folklore, her voice was sweet but it carried pain as she narrated

"Many hundred years ago the sailor leaves the shore for distant land for the riches and wealth of another country"

Jungkook doesn't speak much, he quietly sips onto the red wine and blinks forward, he occasionally whips his head towards hoseok and checks on him.

"but his women still cries for him, she wails for him for at night she's lost without him"

Hoseok fakes a laugh at her words, Jungkook smiles at hoseok's lousy attempt to hide how he gently wipes out a tear that threatens to fall from the corner of his eye

"she calls out to him"  

Hoseok almost jumps out of his skin when Jungkook puts his hand over his shoulder and pulls him in for a hug, hoseok wonders if he looks that pathetic already as the tour guide seems to have taken pity on him, he's probably a mess.

"come back"

Jungkook then leans in a little too close, lips touching his earlobe, they're soft. Hoseok can smell alcohol off him, he's far too drunk today. "let's get outta here hoseok, I need some air and so do you"

"come back to me, come back to your love"

Hoseok agrees and they walk out, Jungkook grabs his hand and joins them as if that's exactly where they belong. His hands are bigger and it makes hoseok feel giddy and safe, they look perfect.