"They treatin' you nice here, Jo?" He put a hand to her cheek sweetly before drawing it back. And she grinned,

"Yes Franky, I like it here- promise."

Her best friend nodded. "Good."

"What you doin' here tonight anyway? Thought you were heading' out for another trip?"

Franklin sighed, adjusting his trilby hat. "Got business to attend to here actually. They got a Panthers group startin' up downtown and I thought it best to see what they talkin' bout."

"Ain't they dangerous, Franky?" she asked discreetly. But he smiled,

"Only to the public- c'mon Jo, I taught you better than that."

"No, I know who they are and what they're about. But you my brotha and I want you to be safe and stay alive, Franky. You understand?"

"You ain't gon' lose me babygirl. I'll be careful- promise, alright?" He reached to swipe his thumb across her cheek again to assure her. But Journee gave a pleading look. "Least I'll be closer to you now. I can come see you bring down the house almost every night now." That earned a slight grin.

"Can't be mad at that-"

"Nope you cannot-" he booped her nose, making her giggle. "Admit it, you've missed me."

"Neva." She smirked and he mirrored it teasingly.

"Excuse me-" James came up behind Journee, though glaring at Franklin. He put his hands on her shoulders before bending down to her ear. "Dressing room, now."

"Well hello to you too, Mr. Dawson."

"Franklin." James mustered a fake grin as Journee stood. His hand went around her waist as he turned her away. "If you'll excuse us- my girlfriend and I need to talk."

"Mhm," Franklin watched as they walked away.

He never really liked James, but Journee claimed the man treated her well and took care of her. She told him that James makes her happy, so Franklin couldn't do anything but dislike the man from afar. 

As they walked away, Journee smiled and said 'thank you' to everyone who complimented her. Then as soon as the two arrived and shut the dressing room door, the smile faded.

Back on the floor, Tiana had watched it all discreetly out of the corner of her eye. She wondered who Franklin was, and why Journee had lit up as bright as the sun the minute she saw him. She wondered what the two talked about at the table that had Journee blushing and giggling. And she wondered what James had said to her that made it all shatter to dust.

After taking out trays of food to her three tables, she went back to get their drink refills.

Once done, she went into the kitchen to hangout with the cooks; like she usually did when everything was done. It comforted her, being able to come back there with the cooks and laugh and joke like old times. She enjoyed waitressing but being a cook was home to her.

"Hey T!" Raven called out from beside the grill.

"Yeah Rae?"

"Will you go get my towel from the back please? I'm sweatin bullets over here!"

Tiana chuckled. "I'll be right back. Anybody else need somethin'?"

"Nah, we good," they replied in unison.

After telling Kyla to cover for her, she ran upstairs to get Raven's towel.

Though while up there, she heard yelling. Her eyebrows furrowed as she looked for where it was coming from. Then she realized she'd seen Journee and her boyfriend go up there just minutes prior.