Chapter Forty-three:"Your father......"

Start from the beginning

What?

My dad cheated on my mom?

WTF!!!!

"Mom, are you saying that dad had an affair with someone in Chicago and impregnated the person?" I ask in shock.

"Yes. I felt so betrayed. I hated your dad so much for that. He had kept asking me for forgiveness but I refused to listen to any of those pleadings. I found out about that affair two nights before your sixth birthday so your dad and I had agreed to keep things cool for your sake, so that your birthday could be as wonderful as other birthdays you've had. Fortunately, our plan had worked. Three nights after that birthday, I came home pretty late 'cause we had a situation at the boutique that we had to handle as soon as possible. I had met your father packing up some of his stuffs. I asked him why and he said that the so-called co-worker had requested for his presence, that he had booked a flight to Chicago already. I was so pissed off from both the crappy day I had and what your father had just told me. We started another argument that night, a pretty long and more serious one. I had told your father that if he left for Chicago that night, that he shouldn't bother coming back. I told him I'd feel better if he had just disappeared. I went further to tell him that he should never concern himself with you and I again, that I'd take up the responsibility of raising you and caring for myself and he should never ever think of reaching out to both of us. He had requested to set his eyes on you one more time before he left and I let him."

I see tears already clustering in my mom's eyes.

"After he left, he called me couple of times but I didn't pick up. He had texted me too but I never bothered to reply not minding that the texts were always asking for my forgiveness or requesting to hear your voice. I turned a blind eye to all those stuff..."

Reminds me of someone....

Myself.....

How did we do the same stuff???

".....at some point, I blocked and deleted his contact so he'd never reach me again. After sometime, I found myself missing my husband so much, wishing that I had never shut him out like I did. I wanted to call him, I had his contact written somewhere but I was too proud to do what I needed to do. When the boutique was facing serious financial crisis, I had no idea what to do. I knew your father could easily help me out of the situation but I didn't want to let my guard down 'cause I was the one who told Will never to concern himself with anything that had to do with me or you, giving him the impression that I'm independent enough to handle being a single mom and other things. I was the one who decided to cut him off so calling for help would've been a really shameful and pathetic thing to do. Later on, I took out a loan and set things right and before I knew it, I was financially back on my feet again but it didn't stop me from regretting how I just cut him off especially from you. I'm so sorry, Mia. I shouldn't have taken things that far....I...shouldn't have......"

My mom's tears couldn't let her complete her statement. I feel tears rolling down my cheeks too.

I give my mom a tight hug.

"It's okay, mom."

"No, it's not. I literally separated you from your own father. I overreacted, Mia. I should've just forgiven him, at least for the sake of the love we shared and your sake too. He did tell me that it was a mistake but I didn't listen. I'm really sorry, sweetie. You didn't deserve to be denied of your own father. Please forgive me. I did a terrible thing."

"You were angry, mom. Someone told me that anger could make one not to pay attention to any other thing. It makes you lose your mind at the moment that you wouldn't think before taking any action. I've been there before and besides, you had a good reason for being so angry. It's okay, mom."