Timeline

Amy walked into the dorm, her heart heavy with the weight of the recent doctor's appointment. Dana sat on her bed, flipping through a magazine, but her eyes lifted as Amy entered.

"Well? How did it go?" Dana asked, her voice carrying a mix of curiosity and concern.

Amy hesitated before answering, "I'm definitely pregnant." The words hung in the air.

"And your parents?"

"Well, my dad didn't kill Bob so, better than I pictured it would."

The tension in the room thickened as Amy waited for Bob's response. He sighed heavily, his shoulders slumping as if the weight of their situation had suddenly become too much to bear.

"I can't believe you haven't asked your parents if we can visit yet? You've seen your dad everyday this week." She crossed her arms.

"Look, Amy," Bob began, choosing his words carefully. "My parents, they're... they have certain expectations. They don't exactly embrace change, especially when it comes to things like this."

Amy furrowed her brows, trying to understand. "Change? What are you talking about, Bob?"

Bob hesitated, as if grappling with how much to reveal. "They're traditional, Amy. Old-fashioned. They have these ideas about how life should go, and throwing the pregnancy at them isn't something they'll easily accept."

The realization hit Amy like a punch to the gut. "So, you're saying they won't accept me because I'm pregnant?"

Bob looked torn, his eyes reflecting a mix of regret and frustration. "It's not about you, Amy. It's about them and their expectations. I know it's not fair, and I hate that I have to ask you to keep this from them for a while."

Anger and hurt welled up within Amy. "How king will that be? Nine months? We're on a timeline here, Bob."

Bob ran a hand through his hair, a gesture of anxiety. "I just need some time to figure things out, Amy. Once they see us together and see that we're committed, I believe they'll come around."

Amy's eyes glistened with unshed tears. "What if they don't, Bob? What if they never accept us?"

Bob reached for her hands, his touch a mix of reassurance and desperation. "We'll face that when the time comes, Amy. I promise, I'm not trying to hide you or our baby. I just need a bit more time."

Amy pulled her hands away, struggling to hold back tears. "I thought we were in this together, Bob. We can't hide something as significant as this. It's not fair to me, and it's not fair to our child."

Bob looked torn, the conflict evident in his eyes. "I know, Amy. I just need a little more time to prepare them. It's not about hiding, it's about timing."

Amy's frustration bubbled to the surface. "What if your timing never comes, Bob? My parents need to meet yours. Your parents need to know. We all need to face this together, openly."

Bob sighed, his gaze dropping to the floor. "I understand, Amy. I'll talk to them, but it might take a while. I can't promise they'll be accepting right away."

Amy wiped away a tear, her voice steadying. "This is ridiculous."

Bob nodded, remorse in his eyes. "You're right, Amy. It is. I know it is. But you don't know my parents."

"No, I don't. Because you've never introduced me to them."

Bob's jaw tensed, "Well, we didn't have much time before you broke up with me."

"As if you were planning to have me meet them anytime soon."

He stepped closer to her, "I was, Amy, I was going to. And then you left me before I even had the chance to tell them about you."

Bob swore he could see flames ignite in Amy's eyes. "Your parents don't even know about me?!" Her voice raised.

Bob opened his mouth, his eyes widening as he realized what he unintentionally revealed.

Amy continued before he could, "That's it. I'm leaving."

"Where are you going? We're still talking."

"I'm done talking." She bit out as she reached for the door. But she was stopped, her arm grabbed by Bob.

"We are not done talking." His eyes were stern on her.

She tried to pull her hand away, but he held tight. "Let go of me!

His voice raised to match hers now. "No! Amy! You can't run off like this when conversations get hard!" He closed his eyes, steadying his anger. "Please, sit back down so we can continue talking."

Her eyes glared icy daggers into him. "I don't have anything else to say."

Bob let go of her wrist, wiping a hand down his face. "I'll talk to them tomorrow and ask if I can bring you over for dinner soon."

Amy crossed her arms. "Fine. Can I go?"

"You still seem mad."

She lied so obviously to him, "I'm not."

He tilted his head knowingly.

She exhaled through her nose. "I'm hungry." Her brows still narrowed in anger.

"Then let's go get some food."

"Fine." She was quick to exit.

Bob smiled to himself, watching her leave so quickly. He grabbed his jacket and keys and chased after her.

Amy groaned as she slowly opened her eyes, the early morning sunlight filtering through the window. She felt a wave of nausea hit her, and she rushed to the bathroom.

She heard the stall door open and felt someone hover behind her before taking her hair. held"Morning sickness, huh?" It was Dana.

Amy nodded weakly, wiping her mouth with the back of her hand. "Must be."

Dana fetched a damp paper towel and handed it to Amy. "You're lucky I've watched enough movies to know what to do in these situations."

Amy managed a weak smile. "Thanks, Dana. I appreciate the support."

Dana sat down beside her on the bathroom floor. "Have you considered telling Bob yet? He should know what you're going through."

Amy sighed, looking down. "I know, Dana. It's just... I don't want to overwhelm him, especially when he's already dealing with talking to his parents."

Dana patted Amy's back gently. "You're not alone in this, Amy."

Amy weakly smiled before turning green again.

Dana reached for her hair again, "Aim for the middle!"