Mr. and Mrs. Blankenhooper

On the following Saturday morning, Bob navigated the familiar roads towards Amy's childhood home. Amy, seated beside him, fiddled with one of her rings.

The journey, last time marked by lighthearted conversations and shared laughter, now bore the weight of an impending revelation. Amy, her fingers tightly entwined in her lap, stared out of the window, lost in thought.

"Amy, we're going to get through this together. The first step is telling your parents. It's going to be okay." He told her, reaching out to take one of her hands in his.

"I just don't know how they're going to react," Amy added hesitantly, her eyes reflecting the fear within.

Bob glanced at her briefly, recognizing the anxiety in her eyes. His tone softened as he spoke, offering reassurance to steady her nerves.

"We can't keep this a secret forever. You need to see a doctor, and that means facing this head-on with your parents."

As they approached the familiar driveway of Amy's childhood home, a sense of inevitability settled upon them. It was strange for Bob to see her house again. He thought he would never be back. Certainly not so soon.

"What about your parents, Bob?" Amy questioned, her voice hesitant.

Bob, his grip on the steering wheel tightening imperceptibly, hesitated for a moment before responding. "We'll tell them too, Amy. I promise."

It wasn't long until they were standing in front of the arched door of Amy's house. She rang the doorbell. Rather than the doorbell chime she was familiar too, it felt like a blaring siren, telling her to turn back.

Amy's parents opened the door, visibly surprised by the unexpected visit, greeted them with warm smiles, though a hint of curiosity lingered in their eyes.

Petunia smiled, sitting down in the living room beside her husband. "Well, this is a pleasant surprise! What brings you two here?"

Amy, exchanging a quick glance with Bob, took a deep breath before responding. "We, uh, didn't have any plans for the weekend. We thought it would be a good idea to visit."

Hank placed his arm on the back of the couch. "It's always great to have you both here. Did something special happen, or is it just a spontaneous visit?"

Amy didn't reply, forcing a flat smile on her lips. She glanced up at Bob beside her for help.

Bob read her plea in her eyes, took the lead. "We wanted to talk to you both about something."

Amy's parents exchanged a knowing look, recognizing that there might be more to the story than what was initially conveyed. Despite the surprise, the atmosphere remained warm, and the living room became a space where unspoken tensions danced around the edges of conversation.

Amy swallowed, "Something important." Amy's Dad and Mom, now fully engaged, focused their attention on the young couple. The room seemed to hold its breath, waiting for the revelation. "Bob and I... well, we've found ourselves in a situation that we didn't entirely anticipate."

Amy's parents, sensing the seriousness of the matter, maintained a supportive silence, encouraging the couple to share their news.

She finally let the dam burst, "I'm pregnant."

Amy's words hung in the air, creating a palpable shift in the room's atmosphere. The crackling fire seemed to echo the flicker of emotions on Amy's parents' faces – surprise, concern, and a touch of understanding.

"Pregnant?" Hank said, his eyes sharpening on Amy. "You're pregnant?" He repeated.

Amy nodded, tears welling up in her eyes as she faced her father's shock and disappointment.