𝒱𝒾𝒸𝓉𝑜𝓇𝒾𝑜𝓊𝓈

Start from the beginning

Her own dear family, or her once hated lover's family, the one her parents despite so?

*************

Waking up in the Asahi home became an eagerly anticipated moment for Mina, especially in the aftermath of the events from the previous night.

Nestled beside Alaia in Bella, tears welled up in her eyes as she contemplated the destiny she had chosen just hours ago.

"No, this is for Leo. I'm doing this to relieve his burden. I need to do this," Mina thought as she gazed at the sage-colored walls, drowning in self-pity.

Fixing her gaze on the wall, Bella's curls tenderly brushed against Mina's neck.

"Dada?"

Mina sighed, soothing Bella back to sleep, reflecting on the months of bonding she missed with her.

Without Mina, Leonardo was Bella's most cherished, person, her source of comfort, and the embodiment of her entire memory.

At that moment, Mina seemed like a stranger to Bella, a painful reminder of time lost.

Having been away for so long, she felt like she forgot her own mother.

It was a bitter reality for Mina, but she embraced it, determined to be the best mother even in her role as a leader.

While lying with her girls for a few more minutes, Mina cradled her belly, watching the bump slowly but surely protrude.

Tears welled up in her eyes once more as the weight of her circumstances sank in.

If Leonardo didn't wake up, she would go through the pregnancy alone.

Again.

Loneliness was something Mina despised, but it seemed destined for her to face.

Clutching Alaia and Bella tighter, Mina heard a knock at her door, compelling her to rise and cover herself.

"I know you didn't sleep. Daddy told me everything," Gabriella said, holding a breakfast tray.

Mina sighed, closed the door, and slumped back onto the bed. Gabriella joined her, offering a small hug.

"You're amazing Mina. You're a better wife than I'd eva be! Don't get me wrong, I love Richie, but I'd never become the don for him! Call me a bad wife, but I prioritize life over saving my husband's ass! No offense to you, baby!" Gabriella broke the silence, offering a smile.

"Yeah yeah, I get it. If I'm being honest, I wouldn't become the don for my husband either, but Leonardo is worth it. If my husband was Kai, then no. But Leonardo? Leonardo is worth it in every way." Mina replied lowly.

Squealing with excitement, Gabriella pinched Mina's cheeks, pulling her up and both jumping in excitement.

"AWW! YOU LOVE MY LEO BABY! Mina honey, I could cry right now, but I just put on my mascara! You know, whatever you need, I'm right here! Just like Angelo and Enzo, I'll be your right-hand man! Or right-hand woman! What do you say, baby girl?" Gabriella expressed with hopefulness.

For the first time in a long time, Mina smiled widely and accepted Gabriella's offer with open arms.

"I'd love nothing more, Gabi. Now, come on, I think we're overdue for a trip. Being the new leaders of the mafia means we deserve a new wardrobe, don't you think?" Mina said with a smirk.

Instantly, Gabriella squealed and pulled Mina out of the door faster than she could say goodbye to the girls.

For now, Mina would get a well-deserved break.