𝒞𝓎𝓃𝒾𝒸𝒶𝓁𝓁𝓎 𝐼𝓃𝓈𝒶𝓃𝑒

Darkness.

Darkness was all Kai saw as he opened his eyes for the first time in hours.

"Fuck!" Kai said angrily.

He was only in Japan for a few hours yet he already got kidnapped?

COME ON!

As Kai stared into the darkness, he felt two small ropes tied around his hands and feet, scoffing at Kaya's irresponsibility.

He quickly got out of the small ropes with no hesitation and was about to venture out into the darkness until someone came into the room, singing?

"Oh when you walk by every night, talkin sweet and lookin fine I get kinda- WHOA! WHAT THE FUCK?" The person said in shock.

The person turned on the lights and gasped as he saw Kai freed from the ropes.

"W-wha? How'd you get out? KAYA, THE GUY IS OUT-" The boy said before Kai covered his mouth.

The boy stared at Kai with fear as he held onto his mouth.

"Who are you? And why the hell did you bring me here?" Kai said angrily.

The boy shrugged his shoulders in fear before pointing to the door in front of them.

As the boy shook in fear, Kai glanced at the small room around him.

The walls were painted yellow, there were pictures of him and Kenji everywhere, and the smell of cigarettes filled the air.

Though as Kai admired the room, he almost didn't notice the arrow coming straight at him and the boy in his arms.

Kai pushed himself and the boy onto the floor while someone emerged from downstairs.

The moment Kai looked up, his breath quickened.

"Kaya." Kai said in disbelief.

Kaya's throat dried upon seeing her older brother for the first time in almost a decade.

To Kai, she looked so old.

And to Kaya, he looked so young.

"Kai. Hey." Kaya said softly.

Kai got up from the floor immediately and stood right in front of Kaya, taking in her appearance while she did the same.

Both siblings felt tears piercing their eyes, though before a tear could actually fall, Kaya shook it off and spoke.

"Why do you look so different? H-how have you b-been?" Kaya said shakily.

Kai's eyes watered as he heard Kaya speak.

She was only nine when he fled Japan.

Seeing her blossom into a young woman truly changed Kai's perspective.

He left her all alone.

And for that, he'd feel guilty forever.

As Kaya waited for Kai to answer her question, she felt a pair of arms wrap around her, making Kaya freeze on command.

Kai was... hugging her?

Kai removed his arms from around Kaya and stared at her teary face before speaking.

"I'm g-good. But I should b-be asking you the same question. W-why do you look so different? You w-were just a b-baby the other day!"

Oh no.

Kaya never cried.

So why was she about to now?

As Kai stared at her lovingly, Kaya pushed him away and masked her emotions, turning back into the cold hearted girl she was normally.