𝐻𝑒𝓇 𝒯𝓌𝒾𝓈𝓉𝑒𝒹 𝐵𝓇𝑜𝓀𝑒𝓃 𝐻𝑒𝒶𝓇𝓉

The room echoed with faint beeps, mingling with Mina's teardrops.

Leonardo lay solemnly in bed, eyes closed, lips gently parted, his heart beating faintly.

Amidst the celebrations marking the end of Kazuya Asahi, Mina found herself enveloped in profound sadness.

Although the end of Kazuya should have brought her some relief, she never anticipated it concluding in such a manner.

Why did it always have to involve Leonardo?

Why was he constantly caught in the crossfire?

Watching Leonardo sleep, Mina sighed tearfully, while Gabriella entered the room accompanied by a few others.

"DADA!" Bella's exclamation pierced the air as Angelina embraced her tightly.

Tension gripped Mina upon hearing Bella's voice, and she glanced at Gabriella, bewildered.

Had Angelina truly been keeping an eye on the girls?

Angelina's gaze lingered on Leonardo, guilt washing over her with each passing moment.

Why had she harbored such intense hatred toward him from the start?

What had he truly done to deserve it?

In reality, Angelina was the one who deserved the hatred.

Yet, despite it all, Leonardo had never sought revenge against her.

All he sought was Alaia.

He never intended any harm toward her.

For the very first time, a sense of remorse flooded through Angelina.

Well, perhaps it wasn't entirely the first time she felt remorse after all.

***************
New York, 1978

In her room, young Gabriella let out a weary sigh, patiently biding her time while Lucille and Morgan entertained an unknown guest over dinner.

Her stomach rumbled, and weariness crept into her eyes during what felt like endless waiting.

It was not fair.

Why were Angelina and Addison allowed at the dinner, while she remained confined?

Why was she never granted the same privileges as Angelina and Addison?

But then again, Gabriella knew the reason all too well.

It boiled down to their fathers.

Addison and Angelina were Owen Williams' children, benefiting from their father's esteemed position as a trusted police chief in Las Vegas, Nevada.

In contrast, Gabriella's father was Salvatore De Luca, a notorious drug lord fixated on obliterating those who opposed him.

After enduring what felt like a never ending three hours, Gabriella heard the door close, instantly alerting her senses.

The door creaked open slightly, and in came small footsteps.

"Hey Gabi? Dad says you can join now, but don't you dare take my seat!" Addison scoffed.

Gabriella tensed, nodding slowly before tying up her hair and cautiously descending the grand staircase in their opulent home.

"Gabriella, honey? Is that you? Come down, darling. Owen and I think you deserve a proper meal for a change!" Lucille exclaimed, smiling warmly.