𝒯𝒽𝑒 𝒞𝒽𝒶𝓂𝒷𝑒𝓇 𝑜𝒻 𝒮𝑒𝒸𝓇𝑒𝓉𝓈

Life is the most precious of all treasures. Without it, one cannot experience the joys and sorrows that define our existence, which is what makes it truly invaluable.

For years, Gabriella had been devoid of such emotions, a state of emotional emptiness that sometimes made her long for an end to her life.

However, things had changed. Gabriella now had a renewed purpose. She must carry on, not just for herself but for her beloved husband, children, father, and brother. This time, there was no turning back.

"As much as I would like to reminisce about the good times we shared, I can't forget the pain you caused me! How can you sleep at night knowing you've torn apart families, including your own?" Giovanni smirked.

Gabriella's tearful gaze shifted from side to side, desperately searching for salvation.

"Lost your voice? Gabriella De Luca, usually so vocal, is uncharacteristically silent today," Giovanni remarked with a smug tone.

"Enough. Release me, or you'll face the wrath of my daddy! I care not for the families I've disrupted, especially if yours was one of them!" Gabriella retorted, a smirk appearing on her face.

Instantly, Giovanni's curiosity was piqued. What did Gabriella mean?

"How did you ruin my family? They passed away when I was six," Giovanni asked, puzzled.

"Well, I was born a year after your parents' passing. The Moretti family, staunch supporters of the De Lucas, sacrificed their lives for my father's cause.

When my daddy sought to confront the Williams, your parents did just that. To honor their bravery, my daddy intended to adopt you. But then, I came into the picture. So yes, Giovanni, I do have a history of disrupting families, and I'm rather proud of it," Gabriella said, her smugness unmistakable.

In seconds, Giovanni's face flushed with anger. He had been an orphan for as long as he could remember, unaware that his parents had died for the De Lucas, and it infuriated him that Salvatore had kept this truth from him.

Giovanni seethed, "This is the end for you, cagna."

Gabriella braced herself, anticipating rescue at any moment. However, no one came to her aid. Her palms grew sweaty, and tears welled in her eyes as the wind tousled her hair.

As she was lowered further, Gabriella finally spoke her last words.

"You'll never be a De Luca."

In two heart-pounding seconds, Giovanni released his grip, and Gabriella plummeted gracefully from the window. No savior appeared on the horizon.

"This is the end," Gabriella whispered.

Time seemed to stretch as she fell, her heart racing. Just as she neared the ground, expecting a fatal impact, it never came. Instead, she found herself cradled in the protective embrace of strong arms.

Gabriella's heart quickened as she realized someone caught her, but was too afraid to open her eyes.

Instead, she held onto them even tighter and took in their scent as she tucked her head into their chest.

It was definitely a familiar scent, but for some reason Gabriella couldn't pinpoint exactly whose scent it was.

"Richie? Is that you?" Gabriella whimpered.

The person gently stroked Gabriella's hair and let out a soft sigh before speaking.

"No Gabs, its me. It's Atlas."

Almost immediately, Gabriella opened her eyes and saw the infamous Atlas Artino.

She quickly hopped off his lap and brushed off his presence before he stood up and held his hand out for Gabriella to hold.