13

Will felt his eyes flutter open. The blind bright lights blinded him, as he attempted to get himself adjusted to the new light. He wasn't on the field anymore, he was a clean white bed. "Hey! Will!" A voice said, Standing up.

The boy who stood up had dark curls, and a football jersey. It was Mike. "Mike..? What are you doing here?" Will asked, rubbing his eyes.

"I came to watch over you. You have a concussion. The rest of the party is here too." Mike said, grabbing wills hand.

Will flinched back, making mikes face drop as he did that. Will let go of mikes hand, and returned it to Under the covers. "Can I see the others..?" Will asked, his voice shakey.

"Oh, um yeah. Just hold on a minute." Mike said, his voice was very shakey. He swallowed hard, before leaving the room to go get the others.

Did he not remember Mike? Mikes hand trembled as he opened the door. He walked out into the hall, where the party was anxiously waiting.

Eleven jumped up instantly when she saw him, max was in the spot next to her. He had thought they were fighting, but maybe they had made up.

"Well? Is he awake? What happened?" Eleven asked, as Mike hovered over her.

"He's awake. He just woke up. He has a concussion, but I think he has a bit of memory loss. Nothing to wild, since he remembered me, but some short term memory loss for sure." Mike said, making sure everyone heard.

"How do you know if he has short term memory loss if he remembered you?" Lucas asked, crossing his arms.

A beat went by. Mike was silent for a second. "Nothing. Don't worry about it." Mike mumbled, fidgeting with his hands.

"Okay, I'm not waiting any longer. I'm going to see my brother." Eleven said, rasing her hands. She cut through Dustin and Mike, who were blocking the door.

"Yeah, I'll go with her. It's two at a time right?" Max said, shrugging. She carefully caught the door before it closed and followed eleven.

"We have to wait more?!" Lucas groaned, slumping down into one of the uncomfortable seats.

"Seriously, if I have to sit my ass on these uncomfortable seats one more time my butt is gonna go numb." Dustin said, sitting in the seat with Lucas.

"They aren't that bad." Mike shrugged. Sitting in a seat across from the two.

"Oh? They aren't THAT bad?? Micheal, you haven't even sat in it long. A few minutes in your butt will go numb. Watch." Dustin said, staring Mike down.

Mike sighed, and Dustin and Lucas gave eachother a look. "What's up your ass?" Lucas asked, crossing his arms.

"Nothing. It's nothing. Just wondering if our team won or not." Mike muttered his head slightly down as he didn't make eye contact.

"Uh huh. I know you don't give a flying fuck about if your team won or not. What's really the problem?" Dustin said, poking mikes leg with his own.

Mike looked through his long raven bangs. Before inhaling sharply and looking at them normally.

————
Will was sat still in the bed, looking through his phone. He tried to catch up with what he missed. He seemed to only be out for an hour or too, which he thinks is a good sign.

Suddenly, the door swung open, and two girls came in. Will recognized his sisters curly brunette hair, and maxes messy red hair.

"Will!" Eleven said, swinging her arms around his neck. "Carful eleven." Max said, putting a hand on her shoulder.

Maxes eyes looked red and tired, like she had been staying up late. "Are you okay max?" Will said, still a bit drowsy.

Max looked at him strange, raising an eyebrow.
"Um yeah? Shouldn't we be the ones asking if you okay, you silly." Max said, smiling at the boy.

Will could feel something was wrong, but he let go of it for now.

—————-
HI GUYS! Sorry this chapter is so short... I really wanna get it out. I've been sick (again) so that's why it was late. I hoping to finish the story up in the next few months, so if you have Any suggestions to add lmk soon! Have good night/day!

721 words
-nova