11

It was a chilly late afternoon. Max was in a school sweatshirt, as she was walking towards the football field. She saw Lucas and Dustin at the entrance, along with eleven. She smiled lightly at Lucas and Dustin, and took a glance at eleven.

Her heart started racing, eleven looked amazing. She was wearing a school crewneck sweater, and and black leggings. Her black converse seems to have been cleaned recently, so they were quite white.

"Are you okay?" Eleven muttered, as max blinked a few times. Elevens curly hair blew in the wind, as she looked at max with confusion.

Max shook her head. "Yeah yeah, I'm okay."

"Alright, let's go in then! They're gonna start soon." Dustin said, running Infront of them.

They found a spot close in the front. The players wearnt out yet. Eleven knew that will wouldn't probably be on the field much, but still wanted to be there for him.

Eleven was sat next to max, and she didn't mind. Her hand lightly brushed maxes as she sat down on the bleachers, and her heart started beating.

She had never felt this way before, she put a hand to her heart, scared max would hear it. "Are you okay?" Max looked over at the brunette, as her cheeks were now a bright pink color.

"I- uh- yeah. I'm okay." She said, as the football guys started to run out. Max clung onto Lucas's arm. Eleven noticed this, and her blood seemed the boil. She didn't understand why, it just did that.

—————-
"Alright, you boys ready for today?" Jason yelled, as they were in the locker room. He got mostly positive answers, and seemed pleased.

Mike was sitting on a bench, scrolling on his phone. "What are you doing?" Will said, trotting over to where the raven headed boy was sitting. His curls were nicely brushed, but still had they're shape. He was kinda slouched over, as he set down his phone to look at will.

"Just on my phone, did you not see it in my hand?" Mike sarcastically said, and will rolled his eyes. "Obviously, I meant like do you think you ready for this game?" Will asked, leaning back on the lockers.

"I guess. I'm gonna have to stay out there the whole time, unless I get hurt or something." Mike said, mumbling the last part.

"Hey, don't try to get yourself hurt so you just don't have to play." Will warned, which made Mike laugh.

"I won't, I won't. I'm just playing with you." Mike said, standing up and patting him on the shoulder.

Will felt his heart beat. He smiled softly, as he looked over at Mike. "Alright guys! Let's go out!" The coach yelled, opening the doors to the field.

—————
"Hey, aren't you guys supposed to be cheerleading?" Lucas asked, looking over at the two girls.

The two girls completely froze, looking at eachother. "I was told we didn't need to come today?" Eleven said, raising an eyebrow.

"Yeah, they said they wearnt cheering today." Max said, agreeing with the brunette.

"Well, they're out there right now." Lucas said, pointing at the field infront of them.

"Those bitches!" Eleven yelled, standing up. They all looked at her, surprised. They had never seen her outburst like that before.

Before they could do something, eleven was already rushing down to the field.

"Max! Go stop her!" Lucas said, pushing max.

"I- uh- okay!" Max said, rushing out of her seat ro catch up with eleven.

—————-
The game had been going on for a bit now, and will say on the bench, admiring Mike.

He didn't really know what they were right now. Friends? More then friends? Boyfriends maybe? They hadn't discussed it much. They didn't really discuss they're kiss at all.

"Come on you guys! Jason, come over here!" The coach yelled, and Jason came trotting over.

"Alright, you need a break. Byers, your in." The couch said, crossing his arms.

Will flinched as he'd heard his name. "What? Me?-" will asked, but got cut off by a loud yell.

"Yes! Now hurry it up! We don't have time to waste!" The coach yelled, and will jumped up from his seat and joined his team.

He noticed Mike looking at him with a smile, before throwing the ball at someone else.

Wills worst weakness was tackling. He has no idea how he was going to survive. He kinda just ran around, hoping no one would tackle him.

Until the ball came his way, and he didn't have a choice. He caught the ball in his hand, before running his fastest to the end of the field. He didn't look back, but he really should have. Before he knew it, the wind was knocked out of him, and he landed on the ground hard.

The guy got off him, but as will tried to get up he fell back to the ground. His head was ringing, and it has started raining, making the ground wet and gross.

"Shit." Will muttered, as he sat up. "Come on Byers! You good?!" The coach said, as will got up.

Will took a few deep breathes, and gave his coach a thumbs up.

Deep down in his gut, he could feel something bad what gonna happen.

—————-
SORRY THIS TOOK ME SO LONG!!  I've been super busy with school and stuff, but I'll hopefully be able to work on these chapters while I'm sick. Thank you guys sm for the support and reading the story! Lmk if you have any requests or suggestions! Have a good day/night !!

934 words
-nova