7

"What was that about?" Lucas asked, as they walked away from eleven.

"Nothing. Don't worry about it." Max says, blinking away the tears in her eyes.

————-

"Fuck." Eleven mutters, as max walks away.
The tears come down her cheeks, and she walks down the other end of the hall.

The October air hits her like a bus, and she sees will standing outside, waiting for her.

"Are you okay?" Will asks, looking at her with concerning eyes.

"Yes, I'm fine. Why are you waiting for me?"
Eleven asks, wondering why he's not already at home.

"Um, I had football practice." Will said hesitantly, and elevens eyes widening as he said that.

"You had what?!" Eleven exclaimed, as they walked down the road to their neighborhood. Elevens hair blew in the wind, as her shoes crunched the fallen leaves.

"Yeah, impulsive decision I guess." Will shrugged, and then yawned. "I'm so tired."

"Me too, it's been a tiring day." Eleven sighed, gripping the straps on her backpack.

"Wanna watch a movie tonight?" Will asks, smiling at her with a bright smile.

Eleven smiles back and nods.

—————-

Max slams the door as she walks in, kicking her shoes off and stomping into her room.

"Hey, what's all the noise?" Billy shouts, and throws open her door.

"Nothing, just leave me alone." Max says, facing away from the door. She's sitting at her desk, and it's all cluttered with different pens and pencils.

"You're so fucking gross, learn to clean after yourself." Billy says, throwing a jumble of clothes at her head.

"Can you please just leave me alone." Max says, her hands balling into fists as she contains her anger.

"Okay what's with this attitude, it's terrible. You don't treat me like one of your friends, I'm older than you." Billy says, crossing his arms. "Look at me when you talk to me."

Max turns in her chair, looking at him dead in the eyes. "Just because you're older doesn't mean you can be a comeplete ass to me, grow a fucking pair."

Bill visibly gets angry, and is now coming up to her with his fists balled up. "You think you're so smart huh? Well I'm going to show you what happens when you talk to me like that-" Billy says, as he grabs maxes shirt and grips it hard.

"Max! Billy! We're home!" Their dad says, coming up the stairs.

Billy stares at max for a second, before exhaling and letting go of her just in time. "What are you two doing in here?" He asks.

"Oh, we are just talking." Billy says. Max doesn't want to be a snitch, and really she doesn't want to get him mad, so she just agrees with Billy.

"Okay good, no fights in this house." He says, smirking at them before heading into his room.

"You got lucky this time, but if you ever treat me like that again, it's game over." Billy says, grabbing her shirt again and then pushing her chair.

She grabs the desk before she tips all the way over, and Billy shuts her door and leaves.

———————-

Eleven was cuddled underneath the warm blanket as the movie 'elf' played on the tv. will was cuddled on another blanket on the other couch, munching on some popcorn.

Will wanted to watch a Christmas movie, and eleven didn't mind so will picked it out. Eleven pulled out her phone and looked through her and maxes messages. Max hasn't texted her for a few days, and she just guessed max was busy.

"Hey put the phone away, we are watching a movie." Will said, throwing some popcorn at her head. "Sorry sorry, just looking over me and maxes messages." Eleven sighed, putting the phone on the coffee table.

"Why? What happened with you and max?" will said, sitting up now and pausing the movie. "Well she sighed up for the cheerleading team, and didn't even tell me. And then when I asked her about it she just got mad and said I wasn't acting like a best friend." Eleven said, her face dropping when she said the last part.

"Well, do you think you haven't been acting like a good friend?" Will asked. "No! I think I have-" eleven said, but will gave her a face. "Okay maybe I haven't been the bestest of friends, but still! She hasn't either!" Eleven said.

"Well maybe she hasn't thought to talk to you was because she was scared of your reaction." Will suggested.

"No, she wouldn't. She's my best friend still, she wouldn't be scared of me right?" Eleven said, starting to get worried.

"Well, what I meant was maybe she wouldn't want to talk to you cause she thinks you'll just blow her off or something." Will sighs.

"But I wouldn't, I would never do that to max. Why would she ever think that?" Eleven says, trying to put the pieces together in her mind.

"Now we come back to the idea of how you were acting, have you been distant or?" Will asks.

"Well I've been hanging out with Mike more than her, but that's because he's my boyfriend and stuff." Eleven shrugs, but will winces as she says that.

"Eleven, just because Mike is your boyfriend it doesn't mean you need to hang out with him all the time. The person you should be hanging out with is max. I'm sorry, but friendship is more important than relationship." Will says, crossing his arms.

"Should I text her?" Eleven asks. "Yes! Yes text her!" Will exclaims, grabbing elevens phone and handing it to her.

Eleven opened her phone, and quickly opened maxes contact.

Eleven
Can we talk?
Read at 22:34

————————-
sorry that this is such a slow burn :( if you guys have any suggestions on how to make this better, lmk! Also, please let me know if I'm writing this okay, I honestly can't tell and it's worrying me. Thank you so much for reading! (Also, if you don't use military time the time 22:34 is 10:34 in 'normal' time.)

Words 1014
-nova