6

The  final bell rang, and eleven swiftly got out of her seat and sped down the halls.

She entered the gym, and there were red and white decorations hung up. In the middle, there was a table with a group of girls in red and white uniforms.

"Hey! Are you here for final tryouts?" A girl called out, with a bright smile.

"Uh yeah, am I in the right place?" Eleven asked, holding the straps of her pokidot spotted backpack.

"Do you have any experience with tricks or dancing?" She asked, approaching eleven with a clipboard and pen.

"I mean kind of, I like to practice dances in my room sometimes but it's nothing perfect." Eleven said, feeling kinda embarrassed.

"Do you have some experience?"

"Yeah, I guess. I'm a fast learner though."

"Okay, that's good. Well, this year has been kind of flopping and lots of people have been signing up with really no experience."

"Oh, that must suck. So are you gonna make me do like a routine or?" Eleven asked.

"No no, honestly we are taking really anyone with experience. We've got only a few spots left."

The short blonde girl grabbed her pen and scribbled on the sheet, before looking up at her.

"What's your name again?" She asked.

"Oh, it's eleven. Eleven hopper." Eleven said.

The girl smiled, before scribbling down a name. Eleven waited patiently, glancing over at the table, she saw a girl with red hair, similar to max.

No, max wasn't gonna sign up, max didn't like this kind of stuff.

But as the redhead turned to look around, it was surely max mayfield.

eleven raised an eyebrow, before the blonde girl started talking to her.

"Okay! Your on the team, we have practice on Tuesday and Thursday from 3-5." She said, before retreating back to the table with the rest of the girls.

Eleven took a deep breath, turning to go out the doors of the gym. Did max want to one up her? Maybe she was jealous of her.

————

will shyly walked into the coaches office, as she was typing stuff on her computer.

"Oh, will! What brings you here?" She asked, with a bright smile.

"Uh, I was wondering if I could be on the football team." Will asked.

"Have you had any experience?" She asked, leaning her head on her hands.

"I used to do football when I was younger, but I don't really anymore." Will said, shifting his weight from one foot to the other.

"Okay well, that's good. I'm glad you decided to join actually, we needed one more person to actually be able to play in games." She said, typing stuff on her computer.

Will awkwardly stood there, before she looked up at him.

"We'll get on! Go join the boys in the locker room!" She said, smiling.

"Oh- right now?"

"Yes yes!"

Will quickly grabbed his shit, and speed walked out of the room.

He went down the stairs, before turning the corner and everyone stopped to stare.

"Oh hey, will. What are you doing here?" Mike asked, topless.

"Oh uh..I joined the football team?" Will gulped, hoping the redness in his cheeks didn't show to Mike.

"Since when did you wanna do football?" Mike chuckled, and the rest of the football boys continued with their conversations.

"Oh uh, I don't know. I just thought it would be nice to do something." Will shrugged, sharply exhaling out of his nostrils.

"Oh, okay. Well it all be nice to have you around, I barely see you around." Mike chuckled, playfully hitting will on the shoulder, before walking back to change into his uniform.

Will nervously laughed as Mike walked away, as it dyed down he gulped down a large amount of air. He was not gonna survive this.

———-

Max was at her locker, the halls were empty as it was after school. She was waiting for Lucas to be done with basketball practice so he could take her home.

"Hey!" Eleven yelled, jogging down the hall to meet max at her locker.

"Hey?" Max said, shutting her locker with a loud bang. Eleven flinched slightly before narrowing her eyebrows at the red head.

"Why didn't you tell me that you wanted to try out for the cheerleading, we tell each other everything?" Eleven said, crossing her arms.

"Well, you were busy this morning. It was a last minute decision." Max said, leaning her shoulder on the dark green locker.

"Yeah, but you didn't even say anything to me at lunch or anything!" Eleven said, visibly getting upset.

"Well you haven't been the most honest person ever either. Don't play the victim." Max said, narrowing her eyes at eleven.

"Iam not! I'm just saying you could have told me when you decided, we could have went together. We are best friends." Eleven muttered the last part, not knowing if she believed it herself.

"Well you haven't been acting like a best friend." Max said, her eyes starting to well up.

Eleven flinched back at what max said. She couldn't believe it. Elevens vision started to get blurry, as tears filled the corner of her eyes

"Max? You coming?" Lucas yelled form the other way of the hall, elevens back was facing him.

Max stared at eleven for a second, as a tear dripped down her cheek. She raised a hand and quickly wiped it off. "I'm coming!" Max said, as she past eleven she bumped shoulders with her.

—————
ANGST?? KINDA?? I'm not the best at writing angst, so I hope this made sense. So sorry for the late upload, I've been so distracted lately! Hope your enjoying the story so far!

Words: 950
-nova