5

"You what!?" Max yelled, leaving the whole hall silent.

Eleven stared at her blankly, before the halls started to get louder again. "You what?!" Max said again, in a lower tone.

"What do you mean? I just want to join the cheerleaders, do you have a problem?" Eleven
said, a lot more hostile then she intended.

"What? No! But, you said you didn't want to join them, and now you do? I don't understand you some times." Max sighed, pinching the bridge of her nose.

"Are you just scared I'm gonna leave you and you'll end up with no friends, cause I won't do that." Eleven said, crossing her arms.

"No! I don't think that at all, I promise you. I just don't know if Itall be a good fit for you." Max defended, sounding concerned for the girl.

"Just- leave me alone for a bit." Eleven said, letting out a sharp breath and turning away.

Max sighed, before heading over to the theater room.

——————
Will was sitting in one of the chairs in the theater room, sketching out ideas that he could paint for the set.

Max stormed in, falling into the seat next to him.

The room fell silent for a second, before everyone continued.

"What's your deal?" Will asked the red head, who's face looked severely upset.

"Something is wrong with eleven, she barely even wants to talk to me. She's thinks I'm a loser!" Max said, her voice aggressive.

"I'm sure that's not true, she loves you." Will said.

"Yeah, but not like that. It's just Mike Mike Mike! Can she talk about anything other then him, like seriously. 'I'm doing this because mikes on the football team and I wanna fucking make a full of myself by playing with fucking pom poms.' "
Max let out a long breath, before looking back at will.

Will stared at her. "What do you mean, Pom poms?"

"You know, the things that cheerleaders use?"

"She's trying out for cheerleading?" Will asked.

"Yeah, I thought she told you." Max said.

"Ah well that's good for her." Will said, looking away from max now and starting to keep sketching in his note book again.

Max let out a big sigh, before looking over the packet.

"Are you gonna audition?" Will asked.

"I'm thinking about it. I could be Cady, Iam ginger."

"She's ginger? I thought she was like blonde or brunette."

"Oh my lord, are you stupid! Did you even watch mean girls..?"

"Uh..no. Should I make eleven watch it with me?"

"YES!"

The two started giggling and laughing.

—————-
will had always known he was different.

He knew he wasn't like the other boys. He wouldn't get crushes on girls, and he would get fluttering stomachs around boys.

Well, around a certain boy. But, he knew he couldn't get him. He was already dating someone. His sister infact.

He knew Mike was definitely off limits, even if he magically like will some how, but Mike was a hundred percent straight.

Well, he's on the foot ball game for starters, when have you even seen a gay football player.

And, he's got girls wrapped around his finger. You know, eleven, Angela and maybe even max. Maybe that's why max was so jealous, maybe she was trying to convince to be gay so she could date Mike. Or, will was flat out crazy.

But, it didn't matter, Mike was most definitely straight, and even if he wasn't he would never like a guy like will. Will painted the backdrops for the musicals for fun, there was no way Mike would even consider it.

Will sighed, sketching out more designs for the backdrop.

"Do you like mike?" Max asked out of the blue.

Will flinched, before looking at her. "W-what? No! Where did you hear that? Is there rumors or-"

"Calm down will, I'm messing with you. There's no rumors or anything. I'm just taking a guess. You know you can be honest with me right?" Max said, crossing her arms and leaning back into the chair.

"Yeah yeah, i know. And I guess I might like him. But it's not like I can do anything about it! He's always busy after school and he barely talks to me." Will said, setting down his sketch book and pencil.

"Maybe join the football team?" Max shrugged.

"Oh my lord, no. They would not pick me to play." Will said.

"I'll join the cheerleaders if you join football." Max said.

Will glared at her, before sighing. "Do they even have football tryouts anymore?"

"Yeah, later this afternoon." Max said.

"Fine.." will sighed, as maxs face creeped up into a smile.

"How did you figure out?" Will asked, fidgeting with his hands.

"I honestly just guessed. You always seemed down when he would kiss around wirh different girls, and I first I thought it was because he would always kiss the  girls you liked. But then I started to think about maybe you liked him." Max said, letting out a sharp breath.

"Oh, okay. Y-you won't tell anyone right?" Will said, extremely nervous about what she would say to Lucas, or Dustin.

"No no, of course not. I'm not that cruel." Max sighed, leaning back in her chair.

"Well, I have a question for you. Do you like eleven?" Will asked, shrugging.

"No! Of course not, I know some girls are into that but I'm definitely not. Besides, I like Lucas anyway. I don't plan on leaving him anytime soon." Max said.

"Then why did you suggest joining the cheerleaders?"

"I dunno, maybe I can figure out what's going on with eleven. I probably shouldn't have said those things in the locker room, maybe I got her head spinning in the wrong direction and got her thinking about something she's not."

Will raised an eyebrow, did she mean about her telling eleven about lesbians? Why would that make her think she's something but she's really not? Did max mean she didn't think eleven actually would swing that way.

Will sighed, he picked up his sketch and starting drawing again.

Max got up as the bell rang, going into the auditorium to do auditions, while will stayed in the backstage room with a few other painters.
—————
1044 words
-nova