10

Eleven was sitting on the couch, scrolling through shows to watch as will came in the house.

It was now morning, but the sun was barely out. It was pouring rain.

Will came in, leaving a puddle on the floor. "Where were you?" Eleven asked, still looking at the tv.

"I was at mikes." Will said, seeming hesitant. Elevens face dropped, and she put down the remote to look at him.

Will looked back, with an eyebrow raised. She bit her lip slightly. "Me and Mike.. um. We broke up." She finally said, and will didn't seem too shocked.

"Oh, that's terrible. Are you okay?" He said, coming to comfort her.

"You already knew, didnt you." Eleven said, as will came over to the couch and hugged her.

"What? No!" Will says, as he faces her. He's sitting on his knees, gripping the couch cushion.

"You so are lying, why would you be at mikes house and not know." Eleven said, rolling her eyes as she picked up the remote and scrolled through the shows again.

"Oh, we should watch the news." Will suggested, but eleven gave him a look that he knew he shouldn't have said that.

—————

Max woke up with a raging headache. Her head was pounding As she sat up. "Fuck." She mumbled, pressing a hand to her head. Her phone is buzzing repeatedly on her nightstand.

She groans, and reaches over to grab her phone. She realizes all the messages are from Lucas. She sighs, hitting the hall button.

"Hello...?" Max says, now laying back into her pillow.

"Max! Finally! We have a date, don't you remember?" Lucas says, calmly.

Max freezes, staying silent for a few seconds. She had totally forgotten all about it. "Give me 30 minutes." Max says, and before he can answer, she hangs up.

She springs out of bed, throwing her phone on the bed. She quickly grabbed a tee shirt and jeans, and ran to the bathroom.

She went to open the door, but it was locked. She looked at the crack in the bathroom, and the light was off and steam poured out the small crack.

"Oh my fucking god!" She yelled, hitting the door. She knew it was her brother, since they shared a bathroom.

"should have been quicker Maxine!" Billy yelled from the bathroom, which made her face steam red.

She kicked the door again, just out of anger as she walked off to her room again.

She shut the door, and threw her clothes on. She quickly did some small make up, and put her hair in braids.

She put her shoes on, and ran out the door. It was still raining from earlier, and she had forgot a jacket, great.

She ran in the cold rain, her head still pounding.
She suddenly bumped into someone. "Oh shit, sorry-" she said, until she looked up to who it was.

It was Lucas. He had a purple umbrella, which also had pink unicorns. "What's with the umbrella..?" Max asked, as a small giggle leaves her mouth, and she quickly covers it.

"Don't ask. It's Erica's, we had no other ones." Lucas says, his face in a straight line. "Where are you going without a coat?"

"I was gonna meet you at the mall?" Max says, shrugging.

"I texted you that I was gonna come to your house." Lucas says, an eyebrow raised.

"Oh shit! I forgot my phone!" Max says, as she is about to go get it, Lucas grabs her arm. "It's fine, let's just have fun." Lucas says, with a warm smile.

She wants to get the butterflies when she sees it, but it doesn't happen. He leans in to kiss max, his hot breath now on her lips. His lips are slightly chapped, and he tastes like toothpaste.

He tastes like the toothpaste that is way to minty, that it burns your mouth. She feels like her throat is burning by the time Lucas lets go.

He shoots her a smile, and she nervously smiles back. She didn't understand why she wasn't attracted to Lucas, why she felt so weird.

————-
The next few days at school were weird. Max was hanging out with Lucas, Dustin and Mike.

And eleven? She was hanging out with will. Eleven would shoot her glances form across the room, that made her fluttery inside, making her nervous.

She shook it off as something else when that happened, and pretended like nothing was happening.

She had found out Mike and eleven broke up, and was shocked about it more then Mike seemed to be.

Mike seemed to be more joyful now, and better then ever. Maybe eleven was holding him back from being himself.

"Hey, can I ask you guys something?" Mike says, a nervous smile on his face.

"Yeah sure man, what is it?" Lucas asks, as Dustin looks over aswell, shoving a chip in his mouth.

"Well, we have home game this Friday, and it would be great if guys could come. Wills gonna be there too because he's on the team, so eleven is probably gonna be there." Mike explained, and Lucas and Dustin's eyes lit up.

"Yes!" They both said at the same time, and Mike smiled brightly.

They looked over at max, waiting for her answer. "Please??" Lucas asked, intertwining his hands together and using puppy eyes.

"I guess." Max shrugged, and the three boys cheered.

—————-
My lord, sorry that this chapter actually sucked ass. I PROMSIE soon eleven and max will come back together (soon.) and it all get better. Most of the next chapters might be fillers like this one. But I hope you guys are enjoying it, and happy new year! Lmk if you have any ideas of suggestions.

Words: 960
-nova