thirty - six

𝟎𝟑𝟔|| 𝐇 𝐄 𝐀 𝐋 𝐄 𝐃
⠀࣪. ᨳ ✩ ✼ 。゚・ ☆ 。୨୧
"Do me the honour."

Iris had a blind fold over her eyes as she was being driven somewhere. "I'm nervous." She chuckled as she felt that the drive was getting more and more bumpy. "Don't stress." Oakley said wrapping his arm around her shoulder. She gulped nervously when the car came to an abrupt halt.

"You ready?" Oakley says stepping out of the car. Iris didn't even know what to say, was she ready? Clearly not as she started to get more nervous. Oakley held her hand as he helped her safely out of the car. It was really windy and she could feel the strong breeze coming towards her. It was loud as well, as if something was being blown up.

Iris felt him undoing the not to her blindfold. When it slipped from her eyes she blinked a few times since her eyes had adjusted to the dark. But when her eyes were fine again she felt her stomach drop at the sight. "We're going on a hot air balloon!" Oakley exclaimed excitedly.
Iris blinked in shock a few times before she was dragged by Oakley to get her safety harness on.

The person who was going to be taking them ran them through all the safety procedures and what they can and can't do. Iris felt her hands shaking at the huge air balloon. She got her harness fitted as well as Oakley. He looked at her and smiled, "Are you excited?" He asked.
"Yeah," she replied her voice strained for some odd reason.

The were guided to the basket that they'd be standing in for the whole ride. The instructor did his job as the basket started to be lifted from the ground. Oakley was amazed as he started recording and taking photos, but as the basket kept getting higher and higher up Iris became more unstable.
Once the air balloon was meters of the ground she began sweating, "Is it to late to tell you I'm afraid of heights?" She let out. Oakley looked back at her and she looked like she'd seen a ghost.

"Oh shit." He said going to her aid. She was sweating an insane amount and her hands were shaking, "Iris, breath it's fine." He tried soothing her but she couldn't calm down when she was so high up.
"Why didn't you tell me what we were doing!" She exclaimed, "Well then it wouldn't have been a surprise." He laughed as he held her hands tighter.

Iris closed her eyes as she started wobbling. Like she was going to pass out. "Okay, Iris you need to breath okay, your fine." He said to her calmly. She listened as she breathed in slowly and out. Oakley hugged her tightly making her feel safe again, "You feeling better?" He asked as she was pretty much squeezing him. "Mhm," she mumbled. "Just know that when I'm beside you, nothing can happen to you," he said, realising himself from the hug as he turned her around. The sunset was beautiful and they could see it perfectly from where they were.

As much as Iris was shaking in her boots she was amazed by the sunset. The view was amazing, and this was something that she'd probably never do again. She closed her eyes inhaling before exhaling opening her eyes. She felt safe because he was with her. She smiled softly at the view before she turned around, but when she did she gasped almost falling out of the basket.

Oakley was on one knee and held a box with a beautiful ring inside. She covered her mouth in shock.

"Iris, from the day I first talked to you I knew I wanted you forever. I knew that you would make me happier than I've ever been, and I knew that you would heal me from all my past experiences." He started, his eyes were tearing up as he spoke making iris cry, "I love waking up every morning knowing that I have the most beautiful, incredible, and courageous woman as mine and I want to do that for the rest of my life. So please, do me the honour of Marrying Me."  He asks.

Iris sobbed as she nodded her head, "Yes- yes and yes!" She laughed as he picked her up kissing her. She smiled as she couldn't believe that this was happening to her. He slid the ring on her finger and it fit perfectly. "I love you so, so much." She said as she couldn't stop crying. He whipped her tears from her cheeks.

For the rest of the hot air balloon ride Iris and Oakley had fun drinking champagne and taking tons of photos. It was the best day ever.

𝐢𝐫𝐢𝐬𝐥𝐞𝐨𝐧 has posted!

Liked by 𝐤𝐲𝐥𝐢𝐞𝐣𝐞𝐧𝐧𝐞𝐫, 𝐭𝐚𝐲𝐥𝐨𝐫𝐬𝐰𝐢𝐟𝐭, 𝐭𝐢𝐚𝐝𝐞𝐧𝐞𝐫𝐨, and 𝟑,𝟕𝟗𝟐,𝟎𝟐𝟖 𝐨𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐬

𝐢𝐫𝐢𝐬𝐥𝐞𝐨𝐧 shitting myself 😭

𝐔𝐬𝐞𝐫 SO CUTEE
   ↳𝐔𝐬𝐞𝐫 NO IM SO JEALOUS

𝐭𝐢𝐚𝐝𝐞𝐧𝐞𝐫𝐨 Babes you are like deathly afraid of heights.
   ↳𝐢𝐫𝐢𝐬𝐥𝐞𝐨𝐧 RIGHT. 😫

View all 976,901 comments