twenty - three

𝟎𝟐𝟑 || 𝐇 𝐄 𝐀 𝐋 𝐄 𝐃
⠀࣪. ᨳ ✩ ✼ 。゚・ ☆ 。୨୧
"You know how to make me smile the best."

Iris was stiff in her chair, Oakley sitting on the other side of the table. They planned to meet up and talk face to face, it would be easier that way, but it felt 10 times harder now.
"It's hot innit." He said loosening his shirt. "It's not that hot." She said plainly. "Well it's hot for me since I'm not from here-"
"Okay, but what am I supposed to do by you telling me that you're hot." She started yelling.
"You could just just be nice instead of-"
He lowered his voice as he realised that they were both yelling at each other and they were in public, "Can we not fight."

"I would love not to fight, but everything that comes out of you're mouth triggers me." She said lowly. He rolled his eyes as he kissed his teeth, she hated when he did that.
"You called me and asked to talk, so talk then."
She crossed her arms over her chest as she leaned back, "What happened to us?" She started, "I swear we were fine, we were happy. And it all just when to shit."
Oakley didn't say anything as he looked at her, "I know what we did was wrong, but I would have never done it if I knew what we were even doing in the first place."
She told him.

Iris was at peace, she felt like she was about to start crying right there, "And when you took away the promise ring that you gave me, it broke me." She said, her voice breaking slightly. Tears were now in her eyes and it made Oakley reach out for her hand. He grasped it, comforting her. "I know it's not you're fault, and I should have let you speak, but I silenced you."
She looked up, the tears in her eyes now down her cheeks. "I'm sorry I even thought of scheming behind your back anyway."

Cench laughed, "I know I would have done it too. Trust me."
"Yeah, but it doesn't make it right," Iris said. "I shouldn't have lied, and I should have just stuck by you, instead I followed behind the wrong person."
"London," Oakley said, his voice hard. "She's still my family, but I'm never gonna see her the same anymore."

"Nah, she's a bitch."
"Oakley." Iris cut him off, "My bad, but it's true. She isn't a good person." Oakley continued. Iris sighed, "Are we good now?" She said whipping the tears from her cheeks. Oakley smiled, "Yeah, we're calm."
Iris rubbed her nose as it was now blocked from her crying. "I don't like it when you cry," Oakley said quietly, he was meant to say that in his fucking head.
She chuckled, "Why not?"

He stayed quiet for a second, before letting it out, "Well, it hurts me to see you cry. It doesn't make me feel good at all, including if the reason you're crying is because of me." He explained, his hand still holding hers. She felt that familiar feeling she felt when she first met Oakley, god he had her in a chokehold.
His fingers intertwined with hers and she looked away as she felt her cheeks getting hot, fuck it had only just come to her how much she actually missed him.
"I can see you trying to hide your smile." He teased her. She shook her head as she turned back to him, her smile wider. "You know how to make me smile the best."
He smiled.

Their hands were together and Iris felt happy again. Oakley wanted to say so many things?", but he knew it was best to probably wait before jumping back into a relationship. So he stayed quiet, even though he was lowkey flirting with her any chance he got. Like telling her her smile is pretty, telling her she's pretty. He knew he love languages and he knew the way to her heart since he'd already been down that track before.
How hard could it be to get her back?

⠀࣪. ᨳ ✩ ✼ 。゚・ ☆ 。୨୧
• 𝐡𝐞𝐥𝐩 𝐦𝐞 𝐜𝐨𝐦𝐞 𝐮𝐩 𝐰𝐢𝐭𝐡 𝐚 𝐜𝐨𝐮𝐩𝐥𝐞 𝐧𝐚𝐦𝐞.
• 𝐢𝐦 𝐝𝐲𝐢𝐧𝐠𝐠𝐠 😭