twenty - one

𝟎𝟐𝟏 || 𝐇 𝐄 𝐀 𝐋 𝐄 𝐃

⠀࣪. ᨳ ✩ ✼ 。゚・ ☆ 。୨୧

"Go back to those bitches you love so much, and leave me the fuck alone."

The next day Iris was sitting in a comfortable chair on the balcony. She was reading a book happy to have the peace and quite, but that was quickly disrupted. "Yo." Brent's voice was heard as he slid the door open. She groaned as she closed her book, "Yo."
"I was thinking about shit and my mate has a studio, wanna record something?" He asked her. Iris sat up
straight. She hadn't recording anything since her album release which was months ago now.
"Sure I guess. It'll be fun." She said standing up. Brent dapped her up before walked back out of the balcony, "Get ready, he said we only have today to book it." He told her.

She listened to what Brent said and changed into something comfortable, but cute at the same time. "Where are you both going?" Tia asked as Iris tied her laces to her shoes, "We're going to a studio." She responded. "We'll be back soon though." Brent reassured her as he kissed her. She rolled her eyes, "Make sure whatever you put out is good." Tia told them. Iris laughed as she waved goodbye go T, "Yeah duh."

On the drive Iris had questions for Brent, "Is this guy a good producer?" She asked. Brent shrugged his shoulders, "He's good for me, most of my hits were produced by him." He responded.
"He requested a beat for me, but I wanted you also to hop on the song."
"Why?" Iris asked curious. "Because, you seem stressed out with everything that has happened, and I know writing or singing gets your feelings out." He explained to her. She smiled as she knew Brent knew her well. Well enough to know that. "Consider this therapy."
She scoffed, "I hate therapy." She rolled her eyes playfully.

"Trust. This will help." He said as the car came to a halt infront of a building. The car was parked and Iris and Brent's stepped out of the car from different sides. Walking up the steps and into the building, through the hallway, they made it to the studio. Brent opened the door and Iris walked in after him, but she was left confused as she saw Drake.

"Where's the producer Brent?" She asked. Brent looked at her dumbly, "What do you mean?"
"Well, all I'm seeing is Drake and a few other familiar faces. Where's this friend of yours."
Brent shoved Drake, "Here?"
Iris laughed before turning back to Brent, "The producer is literally just Drake, you could have just said that."
"You didn't ask who he was." Brent shrugged before sitting on the couch.
"What do you mean just Drake?" He asked sounding offended. Iris shook her head with a laugh as she crossed her arms over her chest, "Let's just do this." She sat down beside Brent.

For the whole day Iris was walking in and out of the booth trying new lyrics or melody's. Brent was right, it was literally therapy because there was so much on her mind making it easy to write a perfect song.

"Sounds good." Drake said as he listened to what they had just done. "It sounds a little toxic."
"What do you mean." Iris said lifting her head up from her phone. "As in like it's obvious you're talking about someone." Drake explained. But then he burst out laughing. Iris narrowed her eyes annoyed, "Whats funny?"
"No way this is about Cench." He said through laughs. Brent also joined in, Iris rolled her eyes. It was like two older brothers making fun of their sister.
"It's not that deep. And it's not that obvious." She rolled her eyes.

"Got me on flights overseas, and I still can't get across to you" Drake recited one of her verses. "Man don't disrespect my guy like that." Drake laughed again. "Just because you guys did a cute little freestyle together doesn't make you both brothers now." She scoffed. "And besides I could have been talking about anyone."