13| I Can't Get Enough Of You

CHAPTER THIRTEEN: I CAN'T GET ENOUGH OF YOU

Charlie's POV:

It was Monday. Normally I dread all days, especially Monday but the thought of seeing Julie again made me feel giddy inside.

Of course all that giddiness had to be contained. Before I drove Julie back to her car on Friday night we talked about whether we should tell the others about us. I almost said yes until I remembered Victor and his crush on Julie. I almost feel guilty. I don't regret these feelings for Julie, I tried to ignore them and contain them but doing so left me feeling more miserable than I would've thought.

Victor would understand, right?

Definitely not. My mind goes back to the night after Winston's party or the day after the party where we all got drunk at my apartment where Victor scolded me for being close with Julie when he was the one to like her. Both of those times I denied my feelings. Both of those times I did what he wanted and kept my distance. If he knew about Julie and I he would never forgive me.

So for now, until I can figure out how to tell Victor, Julie and I will have to keep us a secret.

***

When I arrived at school I made my way to my locker, grabbing some textbooks before I subconsciously walked over to Julie. She looks up at me and for the moment that our eyes meet I do whatever I can to stop myself from closing the space between us. She smiles and I can't help but to smile back.

"Hi," she says.

"Hey," I responded, our eyes still locked on one another.

"I thought you two were supposed to be a secret," I suddenly hear.

Startled, I blink and turn over to Sofia. Had she been there the entire time?

"What?" I choke then look back at Julie, questioningly.

She gives me a sheepish smile. "Even if I wanted to, I can't keep anything from her. It was like she already knew."

"Knew what?" we hear Victor say. We all turned to look at him somewhat panicked.

"Nothing much," Sofia says, "girl stuff."

"Oh," he nods. The bell rings. We all awkwardly look at each other until Victor says, "Well I guess we should get to class."

"Yeah definitely, let's walk together cuz," I say.

"We all have class together, let's just all go, no?" He looks at Sofia and Julie. They nod.

In class I try to talk to Victor but he sorta shrugs me off. Is he seriously still upset with me? The party happened a while ago. He sure knows how to hold a grudge. I'm about to call on Victor again when suddenly our teacher says his name first. I look up, realizing how much I hadn't been paying attention. Some other students are shuffling around, changing where they sit.

"Victor, Jared and Juliet will work together," says our teacher.

Group work?

"Then I'll have Winston, Sofia and Charlie work together. That's everyone right? Move around and get to work."

You've got to be kidding me. Victor and Jules together. Me and...

"Aren't you going to join us," I hear Winston call. Just the sound of his voice makes me want to punch him.

I glance at him and reluctantly move over. Winston starts mumbling off when I turn to look at Julie. She's engaged in a conversation with Victor and Jared. I can't help but notice Victor smiling, acting like he wasn't just ignoring me earlier. Then he goes to grab Julie's pen and writes something on her notebook, she looks at what he wrote and they both laugh. I can't help but narrow my eyes. What did he write in her notebook? It couldn't have been that funny.