03| Polaris and Charlie

Julie's POV:

Julie's POV:

"Hey where were you during lunch?" Sofia asks when she sees me in the halls. Lunch was officially over, and I was trying to find my next class.

"Oh," I say, "Um...I ended up going to the library. But tomorrow I'll go to the cafeteria for sure."

"The library?" she questions but then continues, "Anyways, you definitely should join us at the cafeteria tomorrow. Guess who asked for you?"

"Who?"

"Victor."

I smile at her but don't say a thing. I don't want to let myself get excited over a guy. Now isn't the time. But I would be lying if I said that it didn't make my heart skip a beat hearing that.

She smiles back and gives me a knowing look. "I told you he likes you."

I playfully roll my eyes. "We just met."

"And it will be the beginning of everything."

Maybe.

The rest of the day goes by rather quickly. I don't fail to notice when Victor decides to sit by me in the classes we have together. And of course, if Sofia is around, she'll give me that knowing look.

As I'm headed to my car, I hear someone call my name. Turning around I find Charlie heading in my direction.

I almost forgot about our agreement.

"Hey," he says, "Ready?"

"Oh, wait-we're doing this right now?" I question.

He stares at me like I just asked him something dumb.

"Uh, yeah?"

I glance up at the sky then back at him. "It's still light out. How will we see the starts at the Observatory?"

"One step at a time," he tells me.

Ugh.

"Why not just wait until it gets dark?"

"Do you want me to teach you or not?"

I roll my eyes. No, not really, I think to myself. But he seems to know quite a lot and granted I could just do my own research and find some books, but I think back to when Will gave me some books to read. Let's just say I couldn't get through the first chapter before falling asleep.

"Okay, whatever," I respond.

"Cool, we can drop your car off and-"

"I'll just follow you."

"Why? There's no point in taking two cars if we're going to the same place."

I fake a smile at him. "With your attitude I can't say you aren't an axe murderer. So, I'll use my car to be safe."