17 - Seventeen - Nikita Russo's Point Of View.

Viktor got a phone call, and we had to leave because whatever was going on required Viktor's attendance as soon as possible. On the way out the door, Lev tossed a set of keys at me and smiled. "Take it. You'll need it more than me, kid brother."

I wrinkled my nose and looked at the keys. I knew these keys pretty damn well. I paid for half of the damn thing after I 'wrecked' the first one.

"Are you sure about that? You might not get it back." I laughed.

Viktor leaned over and gave me a kiss on the cheek. "I have to go. I'll see you at home. Drive safe."

Alessio went to walk Viktor out, and Lev and I continued our talk.

"Consider this a way out of that house when you need it. Our doors are always open to you, Nikita. If you need me, I am a single call or text away."

"I don't know if the idea of you becoming a father is what's making you like this with me, but I have myself handled. I'm married to that man, and I'll make it work. Hell or high water, I will honour the commitment that marriage is." I said and set my hand on Lev's shoulder.

"Nikita, about what I asked Viktor. He stole files about your parents, and in the process he found out something. I can't confirm it until Alessio has a chance to run your DNA against your parents, but they had no legal children."

"Excuse me? Are you saying that my parents are not my parents?" I hissed, my skin feeling far too tight.

"There's a good chance you might have been abducted, and our parents might have found out after your 'parents' died and tried to look into it, and got killed, too." Lev said, and I bit my lip, feeling frustrated.

"If they were on the run, I understand why they didn't register me."

"Nikita, this could change a lot if it's true," he said, and looked at me, his eyes boring into mine.

"It changes nothing. The parents that were mine, are dead. The parents I wanted to replace mine are dead, too. If I have other parents, it's safer for us both if they stay unknown." I muttered, crossing my arms. "If Alessio finds out that my parents were not my parents, don't let me know. I don't want to know."

"Alright. I'll make sure you don't find out," He said politely and walked me out of the complex and to the vehicle. Getting in the SUV, it felt far too long since I had driven last. Starting the SUV, I rolled down the window and Lev's hand squeezed my shoulder through the open window. I looked up at him. He was silent, his expression unreadable.

"Everything will be alright Nikita. I'll make sure of that."

"Nope. Enough of that. You are going to be a father. That is far more important than whatever you and your sweet but overbearing doctor husband are up to." I laughed, and he pulled his arm out of the window, letting it rest by his side.

"Do you have everything?"

"Yup, ID, license, and all my millions." I joked and showed him.

"Phone?"

"Right here." I said, showing it to him before setting it on the console and sighing. "Anything else?"

"No, drive safe. Send me a text when you make it back." He said and turned to head back inside.

"Of course." I said, hollering out the window before rolling it up and backing out of the parking spot. I had no intention of heading back right away. There were definitely a few things I wanted to take care of before then. I waved as I passed the guards on the way out of the combined complex and down the road. Making a mental checklist on my way to the department store was pointless, since I would buy more than I intended, but I did it regardless.