02 - Two - Nikita Russo's Point Of View.

I tossed and turned all night long until six am when Viktor finally came back to the room. He took his suit off and went to the bathroom before he slipped into the bed beside me and tried to remain still.

"Did you just get finished?"

"Did I wake you?" he asked, and turned to look at me in the false dark, created by the blinds.

"No, I've been tossing and turning all night long."

"If you need something for that, check the medicine cabinet in the bathroom. There are all kinds of sleep products. I use them when I can't sleep by myself." Viktor said, rolling back over and tucking the pillow under his arm. I watched him fall asleep and hated how peaceful he looked just like that.

I wondered what exactly his meeting was about. It took around ten hours. It was probably more than just the meeting. He most likely had work to do, even before Viktor was up to his neck in work all the time.

I watched him some more, finally relaxing beside him. It was moments like this one that scared me. He didn't look like the type of man who had confined me to a wing of his family mansion, and refused to let me go. All of that because I refused to be his partner, his lover. Look where I ended up. By his damned side again.

"Ilya told me you've taken bullets for me, you stupid man." I whispered, before turning over and closing my eyes. I was the reason so many had already died, and I didn't want to add to that. So many others hadn't escaped their death like I had. I would be guilty for that my entire life. The death of Lev and his sister's parents weighed heavy on me, every single day. I didn't need anyone else's death on my shoulders, too.

Sleep finally came to me. But something disturbed it when the warm pillow underneath my head moved. I grunted and flicked an eye open, confirming that I was indeed using Viktor Russo like a pillow.

"Did you sleep well?" he asked, and I sat up, moving away from him. I didn't feel all that well rested.

"No. Not at all." I said, and tried to get out of bed, but Viktor pulled me back into the bed. "Rest. You didn't seem like you were having a good time. When did you start having nightmares, Nikita?" he questioned me, and I shrugged, not really wanting to start a conversation about this subject.

"When is breakfast?" I asked and pulled away from Viktor.

"Whenever you're hungry, I'll show you to the kitchen," he said, and got out of bed, and went to get dressed. "Nikita, I pulled you against me when you started thrashing in your sleep."

"Next time, just leave me. If I disturb you, wake me up. I'll sleep somewhere else." I said, grabbing random clothing and heading to the bathroom to change. I knew about the nightmares, but they had been gone for so long, and now they were back. Pushing the uncomfortable feelings inside of me away, I changed and left the bathroom.

"Come here and let me tame your mane," Viktor said. I wasn't in the mood for this, but I sat down and allowed him to brush my hair. For the fact that right now, if I did it, I would cause myself pain.

I played with the gold ring on my finger, watching it spin around and around. "How is your arm feeling now?"

"Are you concerned about me, Viktor?"

"Me, concerned for you? According to you, I'm not capable of those emotions, so I'm not sure," he said, wrapping my hair into a bun. "There I'm finished."

"I'm too tired to fight with you today, Viktor." I sighed, standing up and looking at him. "Don't stay up all hours of the night working. It can wait."

I tried to ignore the smile on his face, but it was eating at me. I just wanted to hit him a little. Make him remove the damned thing from his face. But I knew it wouldn't do any good. Instead, I took a deep breath and left the room after slipping on my shoes. My heart was pounding with anger and frustration. Viktor took the lead to the kitchen, and it surprised me to see a few people preparing food.