Chapter 15

Vegas turned the shower on and Pete's muscles stiffened up as soon as the water hit his skin.
He was standing with his back facing vegas, right infront of whom, the water washed away every tiny bit of make up from his body revealing the numerous scars present on his back.

There were a set of both big and small scars that looked inexplicably painful with them running so deep into his body.
Vegas was dumbstruck seeing that and fell down on the ground, not being able to believe his eyes. His voice was stuck in his dry throat and his eyes had already teared up from thinking about how tough it must have been for his love to go through such terrible times, in many of which he was an accomplice or even the sole reason.

He opened his mouth to say something but no voice came out of it. His breathing was erratic and even though he was pushing himself to get up, his body wasn't listening to him.
Pete looked over his shoulder to glance at Vegas but winced all of sudden because of the water triggering a fairly fresh, untreated wound that he had acquired during his whole escaping saga.

Finally Vegas' body started responding to his commands again after hearing that allowing him to jump onto his feet at once. He grabbed a towel from the nearby hanger and turned off the water before wrapping the towel around Pete's body and hugging him.
He had never been the one to cry easily but couldn't stop himself because of what he had just witnessed. Instead of saying anything, he held onto Pete and started crying.

"Pete...baby...it must have been really hard for you...you are so strong...I don't know even what to say...Pete..." He said in a cracking voice.
Pete was trying his best to not break down but could no longer hold it in anymore upon seeing Vegas cry so bitterly. He turned around and enveloped him in a tight embrace as the tears started rolling down his face as well.
The intensity of his laments kept increasing with each passing second and Vegas held tightly onto him now that his own tears had somewhat subsided.
They grew in such intensity that Pete finally slumped down onto the ground with Vegas sitting right beside him, hugging him still. He was a crying mess with his true feelings finally making their way out of his heart after so many years of trying to limit them inside.

"It was terrible...it was terrible...I was in so much pain throughout...why did it have to be me...it was really scary..." He choked out amidst his hiccups.
His whole body was shivering as he cried painfully and bitterly into Vegas' arms.

"He snatched me away from you...tortured me...saved me everytime I tried to kill myself...it was really painful...didn't even let me die in peace...I tried Vegas...I tried to so hard to die...but nothing came out of it each time...why must it always be me?...why do I not deserve even a slight bit of happiness?...why does he have to always snatch everyone away from me...aunty pha, you, hia waan, he took everyone away from me...why must I still live if my sole purpose is to tolerate everyone's rage and disappointment...is the sole meaning of my existence is to just serve as a rag doll? Is it really selfish of me to want to live in a happy family? To wish for a good life? Why do I have to bear everything...I can't anymore...I can't keep holding on anymore...I no longer am strong anymore...I am tired Vegas..." Pete poured out each word that he had so longed to take out of his heart for such a long while and Vegas said nothing throughout it. He simply kept stroking his head in a way to reassure him that he was there and was listening to him while his one-handed embrace was serving to give support to Pete to let his vulnerable side out.

"It's not selfish of you to want to be happy. You deserve a good life...you are really strong my love...and I know I haven't been a good partner to you up until this moment, but I promise you that I will become someone who'll be able to support you through thick and thin. With whom you won't have to continue to act strong, infront of whom you can let your emotional side out. I love you baby...please live for a while more Pete...please let me heal your scars...let me stay by your side so we can die together of old age...please." Vegas kissed him softly before picking him up and walked out of the washroom.
He gently kept him down on the bed and grabbed a robe from the wardrobe.