Chapter 1

Vegas' POV:

"I love spending time with you...it makes me feel as if I need no one else if I have you.....Porsche.." I expressed my feelings towards him which made him smile. I liked it, seeing him smile that is, the way his eyes scrunched up, the way his face beamed with joy as his lips curled up, everything was a treat to the eye.

As we were spending the evening leisurely after a hectic day, I was summoned by Uncle Korn to discuss some matters which he considered to be important. For an unknown reason, I was getting a gut feeling that something I wasn't going to like was going to happen. I did not want to take a step more towards the family meeting room but I had no other choice.

"Uncle" I called breaking his trance.

"Oh? Come in, take a seat" He indicated towards the empty sofa that was sitting peacefully infront of him. There was no one else in the room except both of us and seeing the grave expression that was clouding his face made me completely perplexed as well as somewhat curious.

"I want you to get married to Pete - the only son of the Saengtham family, we have fixed it already, I just wanted to consult you before taking a step forward. This deal was set by us heads, thus holds profit for both the parties involved. Do you have any issues with it?" He said and my whole world as if came crashing down in a second.

I knew my love for Porsche was an unrequited one but I still was not yet ready for marriage.

Do I have any other choice?
I thought to myself bitterly. After phaw's and Mae's death, uncle korn had adopted me and taken me under his wing, subsequently all control over the minor family passed onto his hands and as a result, for someone with no real authoritarian powers like me, I had no choice but to obey the commands I was given under the guise of 'consultancy'.

"I believe if it's a decision taken by uncle, then it must be right" I said, partially not lying since everything about him held quite a meaning for me.

"Good. That's what I expected you to say" He smiled as he patted my shoulder. I smiled back as a formality which he could grasp in an instant was not a genuine one but did not say anything about it. He already knew that I had no interest in the forcible relationship but he wanted to establish it nevertheless for reasons that were beyond my understanding.

"For which date has it been fixed?" I asked in a rather low tone.

"Two weeks from now" He said as he handed me Pete's number so that I could 'get comfortable with him' before getting married.

"I'll be going then" I greeted him a goodbye and went back to my room while avoiding everyone else on the way. I was in no mood to fake my expressions, there was an anger taking roots in my heart making me want to destroy every single item kept in my room but I held myself back with every bit of will power I had. There was no need of making a scene over something so trivial, to scream out how unhappy I was or to show everyone that I was incapable of keeping my own emotions in check. Afterall, there were a number of eyes fixated on me, conspiring to not let minor family's power be handed down to me and all of them were waiting for a single opportunity to prove that I was unsuitable to be the heir to the responsibilities that my father had left behind.

I stormed into the washroom and after filling up the whole bath tub immersed my head inside it to let the cold water calm my senses down. I stayed there until I could feel my lungs threatening to collapse from the lack of oxygen. I pulled my head back to the surface and after taking a long breath, flipped and fell down on the chilling floor on my back as I stared at the ceiling and let my mind wander off to oblivion.

A few hours later:

Nobody discussed anything about the Saengtham family or pete through the entire dinner. Everyone was unexpectedly quiet and after quite much time, the atmosphere in the dining room was feeling suffocating. The only sound anyone could hear was the sound of the clock and the cutlery. Khun was not feeling well and had refused to have dinner. Had he been present, the dinner probably wouldn't have been as awkward with his rants.

Nobody said even single world throughout and everyone silently retired for their rooms in the end.

I looked at the number as I lay on my bed fighting with my dilemma if I should dial it or not. I had to call him one day anyway, it was inevitable thus the part of my mind in favour of calling dominated over the part that was strongly opposing the idea.

The call connected and I sat down patiently on my bed, waiting for him to pick it up. But with each passing second, a bit of my patience was giving way. Just as I was about to disconnect it, the line went dead for a moment followed by a soft "hello?" from the other end.

My heart ached painfully for a second but I shrugged off the futile feeling and said what I had to.

"It's vegas." I introduced myself and he recognised it immediately.

"Oh? Yes hi. I just- I had not expected you to call at this hour so I was just a little surprised." He said.

"I had no idea that I had to fix an appointment with you before calling" I said blunty without trying to sugarcoat my words.

The line went silent for a second followed by an awkward chuckle as he tried to clear himself up.

"That's...not what I meant. I just-um anyways. So...how are you doing?" He tried to make small conversations but I had no interest to engage in any of them. Hence, I came directly to the point without wasting anymore of his or my time.

"Listen here, I am already in love with someone else and don't want to get married. But I can't refuse my uncle, so only you can stop this unwanted wedding from happening. I am warning you, dare you say yes!" I threatened him but it did not seem to have any effect on him.

"I can't" He said annoying me.

What does he mean he can't?! When no one's literally forcing him to do anything?! When he's the only child of a powerful family and is treated like a prince?!

"What the hell do you mean you can't?! You have to!! Don't say yes if you don't want to suffer!" I increased the intensity of my voice to knock some sense into his brain but it seemed like he had no sense left.

"I cannot! If you don't want it, then it's upon you to figure a way out of it, but I cannot refuse." He said adamantly.

"Then don't regret getting married to me! No! You know what? Bring it on! I will make you regret getting married to me! Don't complain that I didn't warn you! If you are going to stubbornly stick to that decision of yours, then be ready to suffer a living hell."  I blurted in anger as I disconnected the call and threw away the phone, completely irritated with the failure of my plan to get him to refuse first. I already knew that it wasn't going to work but still there was a little hope in my heart which had been shattered completely because of that guy.

POV Ends.

Third person POV:

"I am already there" Pete mumbled to himself and kept staring blankly at the phone. Vegas had already disconnected the call and he had no idea about what else to do. It wasn't the first time in his life when pete had felt so lost but this time it felt painful as if a wound long forgotten had been opened again, as if his dreams of a better life after marriage atleast, had been completely crushed down.

" I guess it's going to be a diamond cage this time instead of the gold one that I have spent my whole life living in. My new life is just yet another prison, waiting to keep me locked for the rest of my life. Guess I deserve it anyways" Pete sighed and dropped his phone beside him.
His emotions were in a mess, even though a part of his heart was feeling hurt, there was a larger dominant feeling of numbness that wasn't letting him express himself. Perhaps years of practice had made him perfect in concealing his true feelings making it difficult for him to express them even in isolation.

( Writer's Note: Sawasdee kha everyone, hope you all liked the first chapter, don't forget to leave a like and a comment if you did<3 ).