Chapter 5

Third person POV:

The next morning found Pete in good health. At some point in the night, vegas had transferred him to the bed fearing that the discomfort of the sofa was going to hinder his recovery.

"How are you feeling now?" Tankhun enquired.

"Healthy as ever!" Pete was full of energy after a hearty breakfast and was ready to rock the day along with Porsche and Tankhun.
By the time pete woke up, vegas had already left for work and even though a part of him was a little sad for not getting even a glimpse of him, a major part was thankful since he had no energy to get into any sort of argument.

But the happiness and enthusiasm didn't last for long, for, his father was at the residence to see him.

"I am worried about my son's health. Poor child got fever on his very first day." Was what he had said everyone.

Pete was alone in his room, waiting for his father to enter when he did, with a big smile on his face, wearing the mask of a loving father. He closed the door behind him and his smile dropped immediately.

Pete's POV:

"Sawasdee khrap pha-" I tried to greet him but before I could complete my sentence, a slap landed on my face. My cheek stung from the impact.

Is my cheek bleeding?
I thought to myself, reluctant to deal with interrogations and worries from the family members that naturally would follow after seeing the cut on my cheek.

But it definitely wasn't, my father wasn't an amateur when it came to hitting me.

There's no way he would've left a mark
I sighed internally. I had absolutely no interest in giving everyone an insider of my life so soon.

"You idiotic son! You were always a trouble maker but atleast you could've tried to stay under control during these days. Do you know how embarrassed I was when I got you know that you fell ill on your very first day?!" He spewed hatred.

He was infuriated. The anger so visible in his eyes made me shudder for once, but thankfully his senses were still working to keep him sane enough to not try and kill me.

He grabbed my face in his clutch hold making me wince internally. The grab was amplifying the sting from earlier.

I felt a lump in the back of my throat and my eyes immediately shot up.

No no no no! I can't be crying infront of him!!
My hands were behind my back to refrain myself from reacting, protecting myself or dodging any hit that was aimed at me. It was something I had been taught to do in presence of phaw since my early childhood.
I begged and cursed myself to not even shed a single tear and when I couldn't think of any alternative anymore, I took out the blade that I had been hiding in my pocket as discreetly as I could and after lifting my sleeve up, pierced the sharp object into my skin but not deep enough to make my eyes tear up.
The pain instantly took over the one I was feeling because of the slap and being reprimanded. I felt the lump dissipating and sighed in relief.

Father chided me for a while more until he had to leave eventually.
"Don't dare to cause any more trouble from now on...you don't know what I can do" He threatened me for one last time.

I do father...I definitely do
The various scars and bruises on my body spoke while all I could do was nod. Nod, nod, nod, was all I could ever do! Never could I protest! Never could I live the way I wanted to, never could I stand up to him! All I could do was NOD A YES!

I laughed at my helplessness and the way I played a victim, I hated myself, more than anyone, I deserved every bit of what I was suffering, my existence held close to no meaning.