Chapter 19

Eric came back in the morning, telling Hea that their jet would be ready whenever they want to leave.

It was only a matter Jimin waking up.

Hea still hasn't brought herself to enter the room, despite many protests from the men beside her.

The first person she called in Korea was Jin. He was her support from a very long time.

And the man was beyond furious.

He immediately was about to fly out to America and beat those bitches, but Hea stopped him.

Jin teared up but couldn't cry when he saw a Jimin laying on the bed, almost lifeless.

Is this what was America like?

That was how they treated people of other races?

That was absurd.

Jin tried consoling the woman, but no matter how many times she was told it wasn't her fault, the more guilt she felt.

Hea sat thinking about what she could do, and the officer's words rang through her mind.

She had to get the case over in Korea but how?

At the same time she zoned out, Jin mentioned something about how ridiculous it was for their pretense partnership and how he could bet that Mr. Hoffman was behind all this.

That was it.

Partnership.

Hea told Jin she had to go then when she ended the call, she began making a list.

After twenty minutes, she glanced over at Jimin, then back down at the paper.

"I'll make them pay, Love." She whispered to no one but herself, hoping that somehow, Jimin could hear the message of her heart.

She stole Daniel's phone since he went with Eric to get her new clothes and food, then went to the cafeteria where it was quiet.

She called each and every number and they made sure to pick up.

"I need a favour."

~

A touch.

She ran her hands down his hair, then his face.

She tsked.

She smirked.

Whispers in his ears.

Jimin opened his eyes with a start.

He noticed his breathing being constricted because of the oxygen mask.

His sight was blurry.

No one was near him.

He tried to get up, but he felt a stinging pain in his side.

Right...

It wasn't just a nightmare.

He was startled by the doctor and nurses entering along with Daniel.

"Good afternoon Mr. Park. I'm your doctor so not to panic. I just have a few questions to ask you."

He wanted to speak but it felt like his mouth was sewn shut.

He didn't feel safe.

"Do you know where you are?"

Jimin nodded.

"That's good to know Mr. Park, now do you remember what happened to you?"

'What happened to him.'

He hated that sentence. 

Of course he did. It was all that went through his mind in his unconscious state.

He relived every moment over and over. Over and over.

He nodded, with difficulty, when he noticed that the doctor was waiting on him.

"Your bruises are currently healing. Mrs. Park wants for you to be on the plane so by tomorrow morning you'll be ready to leave. If the need arises and your injuries require further tending, you will be admitted in the hospital over there."

Jimin heard what the man said but at the same time, he didn't. He wasn't mentally present.

His wife. Where was she?

He didn't know what to think. He wanted to see her, but he didn't want her to see him like this.

His name was called, and he flinched.

Looking up, he found Daniel standing in front of him, with an expression only able to be perceived as pity.

Jimin hated that.

He didn't want pity.

He was happy to see the man but somehow, he couldn't process his emotions, so he just stared then averted his eyes to the television in front of him.

"Hey buddy." Daniel spoke taking one step forward, like it would be threatening to the man.

Jimin wanted to react. He wanted to say don't do that, but he couldn't get anything out.

He hated that everyone was and were going to be walking on eggshells. He hated what happened. He hated his life... And he hated himself.

"Hea's gonna be here soon."

Just as Daniel said that Hea appeared outside but she didn't enter. She only walked straight past the door and sat far away so they couldn't see her from inside.

Daniel sighed as he looked at his cousin pretending that she didn't see Jimin awake at all.

Jimin heard Daniel leave the room.

He forced himself to sit up and craned his neck to look out through the glass of the door. Daniel scolded her.

His heart sank.

Did she not want to see him?

Why didn't she enter?

Did she... Did she hate him?

For the first time since the incident, Jimin felt like crying.

But no tears came. It was like he used up all that night.

He looked back at his hands, trying to imagine hers holding his in order to stop panicking.

That was until he heard her voice.

"Jimin."

But he didn't look up. His heart dropped hearing no emotion in her voice and he didn't want to see what her eyes would convey.

The room was quiet.

It was just him and Hea. They both not looking at each other and not even saying a word.

Hea glanced at her husband who sat there staring off into his lap.

What could she say to get his attention?

She didn't want to get in his personal space as the doctor said.

The more she stared at him, she blamed herself.

Why couldn't she be there to stop it? Why did she allow the reporter to take him away? Why didn't she reach there faster? Why did she break her promise?

Jimin heard the door slam.

He turned back to see Daniel shaking his head angrily outside.

He swallowed the lump in his throat and fixed himself in a sleeping position despite the pain.

Jimin prayed for no nightmares and tried to go to sleep.