Battle 42: All Fired Up

Start from the beginning

Niko: But it's a Legendary for a reason. They're not easy to come by.

Ash: But first, I'm gonna carry that torch. Ash soon comes up, cheering for the torch bearer. Okay, I'll take the torch from here.

Niko: Ash, wait! However, Officer Jenny blows the whistle on them.

Officer Jenny: Only approved competitors are allowed to carry that flame.

Ash: Officer Jenny, don't you know me?

Officer Jenny: No, I'm afraid I don't.

Brock: You might not know us, but we sure know you. Or the other Officer Jennies.

Officer Jenny: Well, looks like your friend's are causing trouble.

Brock: Ha! You mean these two? They're harmless, theye just gets a little, carried away.

Officer Jenny: Only competitors can carry the torch.

Ash: But me and Niko are competitors and I wasn't trying to cause any trouble. Please, all I want to do is carry that torch.

Officer Jenny: The rule is you have to be approved.

???: Well, I say we bend the rule and give the lads a chance! Our heroes spot an old man on top of the vehicle Officer Jenny was escorting.

Officer Jenny: President Goodshow?

President Goodshow: As you know, the Pokémon League competition is all about spirit, and it sounds like this youngster has spirit!

Ash: Is that Santa Claus? President Goodshow falls off in disbelief.

President Goodshow: (chuckles) Santa Claus.

Officer Jenny: May I present the honorable Charles Goodshow, president of the Pokémon League torch committee.

President Goodshow: My friends, call me Charlie.

Misty: You sure don't look like a president, uh, uh, sir.

Ash: What difference does it make what he looks like?

President Goodshow: Exactly correct. It's what one does, not what one looks like, that's important. And I see that you, son, are a door. A door to boundless possibility. This whole competition is about spirit, and we could use a spirited young man like yourself to help deliver this noble flame to Indigo Stadium. What do you say?

Ash: It'd, be, an honor.

Pikachu: Pi! (Yeah) Soon, the flame passes into another torch held by Ash.

Ash: Pikachu.

Pikachu: Pika. (We are)

Ash: Just think. This flame came from a Moltres and it stands for the whole spirit of the Pokémon League. Now it's up to us to keep us safe.