Ash: What was that?

Niko: Something dangerous! Our heroes soon see a figure leap into the air and down to them, and then a distance away in a battle position.

Ash: Who's he?

Misty: What are you scaring us for?

???: Forgive me, I was simply testing you. You appear to be traveling to the Pokémon League competition. Am I correct in saying so?

Ash: Well, what if we are?

???: Well, then. I, Otoshi, challenge you.

Pikachu: Pika? (Challenge)

Йой! Нажаль, це зображення не відповідає нашим правилам. Щоб продовжити публікацію, будь ласка, видаліть його або завантажте інше.

Pikachu: Pika? (Challenge)

Otoshi: I've trained for a long time all alone here in the mountains. But I seek one last battle to test my strength before the Pokémon League. Do you accept my challenge?

Niko: Go get em, Ash.

Ash: Sure, I'll battle you.

Otoshi: And whoever loses this battle must turn over all his Pokémon badges to the one who triumphs.

Ash: All my badges?!?

Niko: You can't be serious!

Ash: You must be crazy! I need those badges!

Misty: That's right! If Ash or Niko lost their badges, they wouldn't be able to compete in the Pokémon League!

Ash: Come on, guys, we gotta go.

Otoshi: If that is your attitude, you need not hurry to the Pokémon League.

Ash: What did you say?

Otoshi: If you are so afraid of losing to me in a private match, then what chance do you or your friend have in a Pokémon League match? Lose your badges now, or lose them later.

Ash: Me and Niko are no losers! I accept your challenge!

Niko: Ash!

Misty: Don't do it, Ash!

Brock: What if you lose your badges?!

Ash: Don't worry. I'm gonna win. Th w combatants are standing across from each other, ready to begin.

Otoshi: I choose Marowak!

Ash: Bulbasaur, I choose you! Bulbasaur materializes, followed by Marowak.

Niko: A Marowak. This is good. Ground types are a bad match against Grass types.

Brock: Still, better watch out, Ash! Marowak is bad to the bone!

Ash: That's fine with me, because I could use a warm up for the Pokémon League! Bublasaur, Tackle attack, now! Bulbasaur charges, but Marowak moves out of the way. Bulbasaur, Vine Whip attack, now!

Otoshi: Marowak, Focus Energy attack! Bulbasaur launches its vines as Marowak focuses. Bone Club, now! The attack deflects the vines, to Bulbasaur's shock, then it dashes in like a ninja warrior and strikes, taking Bulbasaur down in one shot.