- Chapter 2 -

Aurelia's POV

Finally, that interaction is over. I can't believe I almost said my real name, that was so close. I hate that I have to pretend to be someone entirely different just because of this excuse of a father. At least I told her 'Lia' so not entirely lying I would say.

I was almost caught again when she asked me how I got the position so that was a close call as well...

At least she looked nice, I am happy I got on the good side of Arabella. I mean I saved her from the principal this morning because of her attitude.

Earlier this morning

"Is everything alright here?" I ask Arabella.

"Yeah, everything is great," Arabella says sarcastically.

I look at the principal questionably and then he says, "She keeps talking to the air and gets distracted in the school's lunch line for breakfast and when I told her to stand still, she just brushes it off. Supervisors from the government are coming today and she can't and won't act all baffling right now."

"I see. I think it's just a misunderstanding, Mr. Adkins." I say calmly and just take Arabella's hands to get her out of his sight.

"Are you okay?" I ask.

"Yeah, I'm alright," Arabella says lying.

I see she is faking being alright but I don't wanna push further as she also seems to keep it strong, so I just hug her and say, "Be careful next time, I won't be here every time." I say and we laugh and she returns to her friend at the table, which is a young boy named Micheal.

Back to the present time

As I get out of the hallway to see which class I'm assigned to today. I go to the principal's office, I open the door and I'm met with a younger man sitting in his chair, definitely not the principal, but he looks like maybe my age or older.

"Hello?" I say.

He looks up from looking up something on the computer.

"My father will be in shortly but I'm here to assist with whatever...you are?"

"Oh, okay. I'm Lia, the new teacher here. I was here for my schedule for today."

The young man types the name in but nothing comes up.

"Full name."

My hands get a little moist as I start getting nervous...

"Lia Williams, it should be there,"

"Teacher or tutor? Because it says here you're in the tutoring program."

"Maybe I got misplaced? I'm sure I applied for the teaching one."

My phone keeps ringing. I look to see who the caller is and I'm not surprised. My father. I should really change this phone asap. Turning off the phone, I hear him speak again.

"Just get the students on this list and manage your time wisely, alright? My father doesn't have time to hold every one of your guy's hands."

"I'm not sure what I did wrong right now, but you are not the one to tell me how to manage my time. Thanks for no help."

He smirks, "You are so way over your head if you think that's how you're going to make it in this school, that attitude I mean."

"I don't think that's yours to decide," I say as I turn and shut the door harshly behind me.

"Um, Sweetheart, the schedule!" He shouts from behind the door still sitting in the chair.

Ugh, shit, now I will look bad going back to take the schedule, but I still need it. If only I didn't, I swear to god. Arrogant ass.

"You could have just given it from the start, you know. I don't think teachers have all this time to waste."

The young man stands showing how tall he is, leaning over the desk, passing me the short pink slip of paper he's calling a schedule.

"Refrain from doing things, such as slamming the office door. Thanks."

I walk again out of the door without responding and slam it again. Love this shit. He can go do his thing. I have already kept my anger in as much as I could. He's something else and I must say when he stood up I realized how good-looking he was. Maybe I shouldn't slam it again, but who cares? It's not like I will keep seeing‌ him again or something. I will just finish classes and leave ASAP.

I needed to let go of my anger, but I didn't have much time before my class started, so I would just go to the bathroom or something for now.

As I walk into the bathroom, I hear someone sobbing from inside the toilet.

I knock on the door, but all I hear is sobbing. No one responds, so I just keep knocking and then I hear the door unlock.

"Arabella?" I say.

Arabella's POV

I was walking the halls with my "friend" but then I bumped into some lady.

"S-Sorry I-" she stutters but I just glare at her.

"Can't you see me and my friend were walking?" I said annoyed then she asked me to show her where to go but just my luck, we had to go to the same classroom. When we got there I saw my new teacher and Micheal, my best friend.

When I saw who my new teacher was, I was surprised because of what happened earlier this morning.

"Arabella and Micheal, can you guys be quick? Oh, hey there. Are you from here?"

My new teacher says to the lady I bumped into while looking at me and Micheal.

They talked for a bit, then we headed out of class. I was walking in the hall with Micheal as my new teacher went to get something in the principal's office. As we were walking Micheal made a snarky but hurtful remark which triggered me,

"What the hell did you just say to me?" I say raising my voice and I walk away leaving him in the hall by himself. I go into the bathrooms and I go into a stall slamming the door closed. I sat there, grabbed my switchblade knife out of my bag and started carving things into the wall out of anger. I keep thinking about what Micheal said and start sobbing out of anger too. I hear someone walk into the bathrooms and knock on the stall I'm in.

I stay silent as they keep knocking on the stall door. They kept knocking continuously, so I opened the stall door.

"Arabella?" They say as I open the door.

"Oh, what do you want?.." I say wiping the tears off my face.

"Are you alright? Do you want to talk about it?" Lia says.

I walk past her to go to the sink, then turn on the faucet to wash my face.

"No, I'm fine," I say coldly, not facing her.

"You know, you're not always supposed to deal with things alone. I'm here to help and you can talk to me if you want to. You know we all go through stuff, but if we kept it to ourselves, I don't think these problems would be fixed, don't you think?" She says.

"Mhm," I splash water on my face, then leave the bathroom.