Fifteen, Count To Ten, Take It In

— ❝count to ten, take it in

— ❝count to ten, take it in.❞

All students of Rockbridge Falls High were called to the gymnasium for a pep rally. It would be the last pep rally before the big game, and Jeff had talked about it nonstop.

Estelle and Hazel sat on one of the highest benches of the gym. "I may have to tell you something now, though." Hazel said out of nowhere.

            "Don't tell me you decided to join the cheerleaders." Estelle wasn't taking it too seriously.

            "What? No," Hazel laughed at simply the idea of her in the cheerleading squad. "After I ran out yesterday, Tim cornered me, asking if I wanted to fight PJ at the pep rally to show off what we learned at the club. I said yes."

            "Hazel, are you sure?" Estelle sounded insecure about the matter. "Promise to be careful?"

            Hazel nodded. And she would have been, if she'd be fighting PJ. But she wasn't.

In walked Josie. She caught Estelle's eye. Josie tried to wave, but Estelle quickly looked the other way. Hazel looked up from the motion. Estelle only smiled at her, grabbing her hand and placing it in her lap.

The benches were filled to the brim now, which was Jeff's cue to start. He hooted as he ran to the middle of the gymnasium, microphone in hand. Tim ran after him like a bitch. The cheerleaders jumped, cheering him on from the side.

"Everybody, even the fucking losers..." He yelled.

Tim copied. "Even the fucking losers!"

"...make some noise!" Jeff screamed into the microphone. The crowd went wild, but Estelle and Hazel stayed silent. They simply couldn't understand what it was that everybody loved about this guy. And if anyone could know, it'd be Estelle. She lived her whole life with him.

Jeff continued, sounding lost. "All right, so, uh... we're gonna do the pep rally. First up, cheerleaders."

Jeff and Tim moved aside for the cheerleaders to run in. An upbeat song started playing from the speakers in the corners of the room. One by one, the cheerleaders turned around. Stella–Rebecca stood in the middle, Britney and Isabel standing on wither sides of her. Stella winked at the crowd before the two next to her poured two bottles of water over her.

Was that the entire show? Seemed like it.

"Woah! Yeah!" Tim came back into the middle. "Thank you, ladies. Ooh! Thank you all for joining us here today, folks. There's been some... exciting stuff happening at Rockbridge Falls recently," Jeff's interest was piqued. "How many of you know about that little girl fight club that could?"