Two, Love Is Embarrassing

⎯  ❝love is embarrassing

⎯ ❝love is embarrassing.❞

There was no use for Estelle to be around PJ and Josie anymore. They were growing annoyed with themselves because of the failure and embarrassment they'd undergone and aimed it towards anyone talking to them. This was the precise reason she hadn't wanted to go in the first place. Hazel's tips didn't seem to pay off ( since Estelle hadn't made any new friends since ). But if she was being honest, Hazel herself didn't have that many friends either. So how good were her tips really?

"Wanna go on the ferris wheel?" Hazel asked once PJ and Josie had walked off in shame.

That same moment, Estelle got a text. She checked it, seeing it was from Isabel. You can go back with your brother alone. I don't have to see him. It said. "Oh, fuck, I can't," She held up her phone for Hazel to read the text. "Jeff again. This man seriously can't do anything alone. And I'm the younger sibling." She scoffed.

"Want me to come?" Hazel offered again. She raised her brows. "I bet if you gave him the wrong directions, he'd forget where his own house is."

Estelle looked down, trying to stifle a smile. She looked up at her friend, said smile on her lips. "He has fallen into that, yeah. I'll just— I'll see you tomorrow at school."

            "Okay," Hazel's expression faltered, but Estelle didn't notice. "See you tomorrow."

            The redhead walked off, towards the parking lot. Since the fair had plenty of visitors each year, they had big parking lots. Two rows with cars on each side. Jeff had a reserved spot, right at the front. Estelle didn't have the keys, so she just sat on top of it, her arms crossed as she waited for her brother.

            He wasn't the first to arrive. Josie and PJ walked into the other row, PJ pushing cars out of frustration as she did so. Estelle hid herself behind the car more. She was not about to be sucked into another conversation with them, straight after the awkward one from before.

            They were talking loudly and, even though she didn't wish to, Estelle heard every word they were saying. It wasn't anything interesting ( the only topic was how fucked their love lives were now ). Soon Estelle's attention was brought to Isabel and Jeff, who now also entered the parking lot. Estelle hadn't expected them to still be walking together.

            Isabel was walking about two feet in front of Jeff, yelling for him to leave her alone. "Why do you always have to flirt with other women?" Isabel screamed. She tried running away from him, however due to her heels, she wasn't as fast as she'd usually be.

            "It doesn't count if they're not in high school." Jeff countered.

            "Especially Ms. Reilly!"