Thirteen, Falling Out

— ❝falling out

— ❝falling out.❞

After fleeing the scene, the Fight Club all went back to their own houses as if they'd never left. Except for Estelle, she stayed over at Hazel's. She knew if she had faced her father after that night, she'd spilled everything until the last detail — who threw what.

            Hazel and Estelle walked into the school, walking hand–in–hand. Estelle stopped at her locker to put some books in, while Hazel already walked forward to the gymnasium. The minute she left, Estelle put on a set of headphones, playing some music.

            Estelle's locker was decorated with pictures inside. Pictures of her and Hazel, pictures of her mother, even a family picture. She had a few stickers here and there as well. She closed the locker, behind the locker appeared Josie and PJ.

            It hadn't even been a minute into her music before she had to take her headphone off. "Hey, guys." She greeted them.

            "What are we supposed to do now?" PJ said instead, completely ignoring Estelle's greeting.

Estelle gave her an unseen tight–lipped smile in embarrassment. Out of — what seemed like — thin air, Tim appeared before them. "Hey, guys," He slid on the floor towards them. "Great show last night." He smiled the whole way through.

            "I don't know what you're talking about." Josie denied.

            "Oh, you don't," Tim said. "No, it's really all good. Jeffrey needed a new car anyway, so... don't worry about it." Josie shrugged in response, but Tim stepped closer. "What's wrong, Josie? You seem a little off," Josie shook her head dismissively. "Your club is over. You understand?"

            He stood straight again, smiling at Josie. His smile dropped abruptly as he switched his gaze to Estelle. Tim almost poked his eyes out with two fingers before pointing them at her head, almost poking out hers. She dodged her head from the fingers.

"We're screwed." PJ panicked.

The three girls headed over to the gymnasium where the rest was already getting seated. Hazel was laughing at something Sylvie was saying. She sat a few benches up, so Estelle decided to sit down on the lowest one. Unconsciously, she sat down a little further from everyone else.

            "All right, well, some of us clearly have a different idea of egging, but if we keep our mouths shut, stay calm, we'll be fine." PJ began.

            "They're gonna shut us down, aren't they?" Sylvie asked.

            "What?" PJ laughed. "No. We don't know that. What— Why—" She didn't sound convinced of herself.