Eight, Always An Angel, Never A God

— ❝always an angel,never a god

— ❝always an angel,
never a god.❞

The next morning, Estelle went to school earlier. She had an appointment with the blond football player —whose name she now knows to be Logan— to give him back the money she apparently owed him.

It was the hottest day since a while, so Estelle couldn't wear her comfort outfit with either a sweater or a vest. She felt a little exposed, but maybe that was just because she wasn't used to it. She wore a pair of blue boyfriend jeans with a black baby tee, the upside down house of the Neighbourhood's I'm Sorry... album on her left shoulder.

            She waited for Logan outside, her backpack hanging lazily over her shoulder, a few of her books in her hands, held against her chest. Estelle was bouncing on the balls of her feet, looking at all directions.

"Hey, there," Logan's voice sounded from behind. Even though she'd been checking every direction, Estelle had not seen him approach. "I see you've brought my money." Logan smiled.

The money was in a golden envelope. Estelle had written Logan's name on it in her cursive writing. Any stranger could've mistaken it for a ( love? ) letter.

"I hope it's enough. I wasn't sure how much it was supposed to be." She gave him the envelope. Logan checked the insides, but didn't bother to count it. Having proof of it being money in the first place was enough for him.

Logan's smile grew bigger. "It'll be fine, don't worry about it. Estelle, wasn't it?" Estelle nodded. "Beautiful name for a beautiful girl. Listen, I'm sorry about the room. Thomas's idea."

Estelle gave him a nervous chuckle. She felt uncomfortable just being in his presence after last time. "It's fine." She said lowly.

"No, seriously," He grabbed something out of his backpack. Estelle was it was a cd in Logan's hand. The same album that had broken when her room was trashed. "I felt really guilty when I saw it broke," Logan took a step forward, using his hand to angle up Estelle's face. His voice became softer. "I just wanted to apologise."

A tight lipped smile found its way on Estelle's face. More people started coming to school. She was afraid someone would see them. Quickly, Logan gave her a peck on her cheek, leaving her dazzled. "I'll call." He said.

He then left, leaving Estelle bewildered. She touched the spot with her hand, trying to wrap her head around what had just happened. Yesterday had been her first kiss, with a girl, and today, boys were suddenly kissing her. She definitely liked the prior one better. But maybe that just had to do with the girl being Hazel.