Eleven, Safe Word

— ❝safe word

— ❝safe word.❞

            If the thought of a female fight club was strange to the students of Rockbridge Falls High School, the fact that said fight club was hosting a car wash must've blown their heads off. And not just any car wash — one where they sold old underwear. Underwear, out of anything !

            The turnout was bigger than anticipated. Seemed that there were more old creeps in town than they let on at first.

            "First club fundraiser," Stella–Rebecca turned to look at her former loser–friends. "I'm so excited. Great turnout, right?"

            Stella–Rebecca had stepped up her game and done what they all do in the movies — she wore her bathing suit. To say Stella was pretty was a definite understatement. But Estelle didn't think of her in that way. Stella was more of a big sister to her. Besides, Estelle had Hazel now.

            Hazel seemed awfully tired. Her eye bags were bigger than ever, her hair was messier than ever, she was quieter than ever. Estelle knew why, and she felt guilty about it. Hazel made sure she knew it wasn't her fault, but then, why did it feel like it was? Hazel probably hadn't been able to close a single eye.

            Looking further than Stella–Rebecca to the cars, the old men had gathered already. One man in particular leaned against one of the cars. "Hello, ladies." He said, trying to sound attractive. Estelle was disgusted, but Stella wasn't faced. She even called most of the men by their first names.

            Brittany walked after her. Isabel turned around first to face Josie, the small box filled with underwear in her hands. "I don't know why anyone wants my old, dirty underwear," She laughed. "It's so weird."

            Josie laughed along to Isabel, watching her walk away. Estelle simply smiled. She hadn't brought any old underwear. If she thought about it, she probably didn't even have them anymore.

            "Hey, Britt, uh, don't let 'em touch you in between your toes." PJ cracked a joke at Brittany. And opposing to the last time she'd called her Britt, Brittany didn't mind.

            She just turned around, smiling. "Thanks, PJ." She said before continuing her walk of shameless selling.

            "We're having fun. We're selling panties," PJ said to Josie. As she was talking, Hazel slowly dropped to the ground, groaning. PJ and Josie didn't notice. They were way too busy in conversation. "You know, Brittany said she'd make me a custom bracelet."

            Josie nodded, complimenting her. "Very nice."

            Hazel only sunk deeper to the ground. Estelle turned towards her. She was growing more worried about her. But only to involve herself in the conversation, she turned back to PJ. "Congrats, PJ." She congratulated, smiling. Though Hazel was the only person on her mind.