Nine, Heartbreak Makes The Heart Ache

— ❝heartbreak makesthe heart ache

— ❝heartbreak makes
the heart ache.❞

In the big, dark bedroom Hazel shot up from her bed, sitting upright. The sheets around her had shuffled in her sleep. It hadn't even been three seconds since she'd woken up, but Hazel Callahan was wide awake. Her heavy breathing filled the room as she tried to wrap her head around what just happened.

            She'd awoken from a very... effusive dream. She still wasn't sure what exactly to make of it. But she knew she wished for it to last longer. She woke up just before it got too steamy. Hazel fell back in her bed. The thought of that strange dream about a certain redhead still lingered in her mind.

            The smile could not have been wiped off of Hazel's face all night long. She was overjoyed with the newfound aspect in the relationship she had with Estelle and, if she was being honest, she was ready to make it official. Hazel had never been in a relationship, nor had she known what it felt like, but she was certain about this. Hazel Callahan had a big, fat crush on Estelle Morrigan !

She tried to shut her eyes and drift back to sleep, but her thoughts kept spinning and spinning. There was no way she was going to fall back asleep in these conditions. Hazel checked her phone for the time. 5.03 AM. Not as bad as she'd anticipated. So she decided to get up.

            Picking out an outfit, Hazel already realised today was going to be a warm day. Hazel looked at the pieces of clothing in her closet. She tilted her head, thinking of what Estelle would like more. She reached beyond all the oversized clothes to a white tank top. She remembered putting that away because it was so revealing.

            But today she found it was the perfect day to pick it up again. Hazel had no interest taking off the green sports bra underneath, which showed clearly. After getting ready furthermore, Hazel put her earbuds in and took off to school.

            Her head filled with the thought of seeing Estelle again and her stomach with butterflies. She saw the familiar sight of the sea of red locks from dozens of feet away.  Hazel sped up her pace, a smile planted firmly on her face.

            However, that smile dropped when she saw Estelle being greeted by someone else. A blond guy. Hazel recognised him as Logan, one of the football players. Slowly taking the earbuds out of her ears, she watched them from a distance, her eyebrows knitted together throughout the entire interaction. Her eyes never leaving Estelle's sight, Hazel hid behind a car.

            She watched how Estelle handed him a letter. Her head tilted, seeing how Logan's smile grew before giving her a kiss on her cheek. Logan walked away and Estelle looked at her surroundings. Hazel ducked behind the car before she could see her.