Chapter 27

Hermit walked into the room to see Kailyn tending to Fay who looks exhausted and pale. She looked as if she just woke up from the dead.
He took long strides towards the bed then sat beside her, his eyes searching hers as she smiled weakly at him.

"leave us Kailyn." Kailyn made a curtsey and left. "he is beautiful." He told her, passing their son into her weak awaiting arms.
The emotion he was feeling at the moment is one he has never felt. When she announced eight months ago that she was pregnant, he felt an emotion he has never felt before then but now, he couldn't compare it with anything.

He hadn't felt this emotion earlier because he had thought he would lose her but now, knowing he has Fay and their son. He was beyond happy.

"yes. He is." She agreed, her voice was low, showing just how tired and weak she was.

"what would you like him to be called?" Hermit asked her, the corner of his lips curving upwards for a heartwarming smile that had her smiling more.

"Hermit." Fay answered.

"you want him to be called Hermit? But that is my name. We had agreed on Alexander before." But seeing the past of his parent, he thought why not let her choose the name just like his father had let his mother choose. A mother knows her child best. He guess. It seems his mother knew he him even before he knew himself.

"maybe something else. Why Hermit?" He suggested.

"because he's going to be strong just like you and loyal to those who deserve it."

It was why he didn't want a male child, he feared the boy will be just like him. Barbaric. A man who doesn't know how to relay himself through words but through actions; actions that are mostly brutal. A child that will act just inhuman.

The king gave Hermit the love he never gave to the other princes, Hermit could remember his father carrying him about until his mother's death ad even when they returned to the capital. Many times, the king saw to Hermit's needs personally. Yet it didn't stop Hermit from becoming the animal he is now.
He didn't want their son to cause any trouble for Fay but it seems it was those qualities that attracted her. The dangers that comes with him.

"I feel, he will make a great history." Fay added.

"thank you Fay. For making me a father." Hermit placed a kiss on her lips before pulling away. This is the best gift she can ever give him.

"he will be just like you. A terror of Cold Lair." She told him as he lay beside her.

Why is she saying things similar to that which his mother said years ago? Hermit could feel worry form in the pit of his stomach but he will not let such thing dampen his mood for he have only but two hours before leaving for the capital, it was best he stayed by her side till then and enjoy it to the brim.

************

Fay watch as a maid secure his armor on him.

"you may leave." She ordered the maid and waited till the maid was out of the room before she asked. "where are you going?"

"I need to go to the capital. I have been summoned by the king and crown prince."

"now?" she couldn't believe what she was hearing, slowly, she climbed down from the bed. "you don't have to go now, surely."

"I have to. There is an expected attack on the capital, it is best it happens with me there."

"but there's Venus to protect the capital." Was she selfish for wanting to keep her husband by her side? Yes.