Chapter 21

Hermit only stared at Fay as she ran a comb through her hair, her silky hair that he always liked to touch. Her face was relaxed as though he hadn't announced to her that they would be leaving tomorrow, it seems that she might have been tired of the palace and wanted to be in a different environment. Maybe it was the reason she started to grow thorns. She felt the need to defend herself but he is here to do that. He would use his life to protect her. Go to the edge of the world to save her and be her tent in the vast wild. She is his all.

She drops the comb before standing up and walk right up to him and sat on his lap. "Adam leaves today. Won't you see him off?" she questioned, her voice calm and her gaze settled on him. She wasn't thinking. He noticed as his hand settled on her waist.

"I'm not the type that welcomes or see people off Fay. I was thinking if we could take Kailyn with us." He spoke, changing the topic.
He wasn't the type that likes to welcome his father let alone his brother- a brother he hardly considers.

Surprise shone in her eye then she smile and relaxed her head on his shoulder. "it'll be good, at least I'll have someone I'm familiar with when we get to Cold Lair division." She wondered if the Cold Lair division will be just as cold as the capital.

Over the time she had in the palace as Hermit's wife, she had grown quite tired of the palace, its politics has begun to wear her off. She is tired of having to always watch her back, always had to be calculative. It was a chess world they were living in and they can't live without playing that game every single day. The chess game where the pawn and every other character in it are humans.

She wondered how the princes have live this long and are quite healthy or are they?

"I thought so too." Hermit's calm voice snatched her out of her thought and she smiled.

Although she sometimes gets terrified of Hermit, there wasn't anything or anyone that isn't terrified of him but at same time she knew he was the only one that could protect her the most and she feels safe with him. She feels safe with him in a kind of way she has never felt with anyone, not even with madam Kate.

She trusts Hermit to protect her no matter where they go or where they find their selves and she felt, she didn't have any life without him. Be it because she had obsessed over him since she got of age to know what attraction was or because she had survived their wedding night seeing a different side of him, but it doesn't matter.
Being with him matters.

"how is Cold Lair division?" she asked.

"I was there only when I was little, the memory I have of there is hazy." Hermit answered.

"I hope it's not as cold as the capital. I would want to escape this cold."

Although she was birthed here and have grown used to the cold here, any citizen of Cold Lair kingdom is quite used to it. Especially the capital. But the cold sometimes just gets tiring.

"we'll know when we get there." Hermit told her with a small smile on his face.
___________

Adam stared at palace, he had never wanted to leave the palace, the king's chamber was supposed to be his. He had hoped their father would depose Marius after realizing Marius has caused them an impending war and then crown him the crown prince as he is the second son but alas, their father had another plan.

He very much cares that their father crowned Venus, even though Venus is his younger brother, birthed by the queen but... Adam felt offended. All his life, he has always been in the shadow of Marius, their father made sure he always obeyed every Marius' command and here they are, their father blaming him for not talking Marius out of approving the war.