Chapter 24

However as a gasp escaped Hermit's lips, it didn't stop at that, he fell on his knees on the floor, his hand still grasping the edge of the vanity table, his eyes wide open as images flash into his head.

"give me the dairy, Mariam." The King demanded of a lady with a long black hair that she was combing acting oblivious to the presence of the seething King.

"I don't know what else to do to gain your trust Mariam, you said you didn't want to stay in the capital and you chose here, I built all these for you, to make you happy yet how do you repay me?" the king was angry.

At his words, Mariam's brows furrow as she stared at him, as though she does not believe a word he said. "it still doesn't make up for the bad things you did. You took me away from my only family." Her eyes held angry tears.

"but I love you." The king yelled.
"it doesn't make me the only woman in your life still." Now the tears were rolling down her cheeks freely as she stared at him with hurtful eyes. "take Hermit to the Queen, although you have done me bad, you have done her bad, I believe she can take care of my son and please don't find me again. Forget me here." She added.

"Mariam." His voice was now soft as he tries to approach her but she picked up a glass on the vanity table and threw it at him. He dodged the glass and it falls on the floor breaking into pieces

"leave now and don't ever come back. Cold Lair division is mine now at least, I have paid you with a son. For him, your reign shall last longer." She spoke with so much hatred that it shocked the King, pushing him to take a step then two, backward.

He opened his mouth as though he wanted to say more but then closed it back after much debate, he wanted them to talk maturely but alas, she wasn't ready to listen. Torn in-between leaving her or not, he decided to leave and give her time to be alone, sure it will help her calm down. With that he left not sparing her another look.

Hermit couldn't help himself from following his father to see where he was going, they took several turns and the king pushed open a door to step into a room, where a lady plays with a child that looks more like Mariam, more like his mother.

The king gently collected the child who looks to be of a year old before telling the woman to follow him that they are leaving.

Of course, not a moment longer, the king stepped into the carriage and his journey to the capital started.

Hermit walked back to his mother's chamber to see her crying profusely, she looked in pain, a book placed in front of her on the vanity table, she opened it and picked up the quill pen which sat next to an ink. Then she started to right.
Hermit couldn't stop himself from walking to stand right behind his mother to see what she was writing.

"all these I know, shouldn't be happening but I fell in love with the King and even bore him a child, a child I must not keep since I wasn't supposed to have him from the start but now that I have him I can't stop the pain I feel every time I think of losing him, I was scared to death when I nearly lost him once and knowing I must lose him no matter what pains me, so I must not get attached to that child..." she stopped writing as few tears fall onto the papers, smearing the ink a little. "I have tried but knowing I am only a part of fulfilling the course also breaks my heart as I cannot live a normal life like my sister. When you see this I hope you did a good job by taking care of our child, he won't trouble the Queen much, he's a lovable child but you must know, no one and nothing can stop your linage from perishing my King."

She couldn't write more as she couldn't stop from smearing the ink with her tears so she stood up from the chair and walked to the bed, where she cried out her pain.