Chapter 22

Fay watched as the Queen's eyes become teary, Emmett had left earlier now it was their time to leave. Fay knew the queen was feeling broken watching all her children she took care of, leave the palace. It was heartbreaking.

"I love you. Always know that." the Queen couldn't stop herself from going down a memory lane of her and Hermit. She tried to smile but she couldn't.

Queen Hannah has been the one to take care of Hermit since he became a year old, although at times, she'll make the king take Hermit back to Mariam but, she still looked after him and after Mariam's death, he became her responsibility fully. He is her last son and it's heart wrenching watching him leave. Watching them all leave.

Hermit pulled away from the hug, he stared at his mother for a minute then turned and walked away from the Queen, his hand secure around Fay's wrist as he guides her to the carriage.
He helped her climb in and followed cue.

He didn't for a moment turn his head to look at the palace. He didn't want to any regret for leaving. He doesn't wish to return. He has nothing here except their mother and his brothers. He didn't mind visiting after some time but he will never stay in the palace again.

"hey. Are you okay?" Hermit asked Fay as his hand grabbed hers.

She exhaled calmly, before putting her head on his shoulder. "I'm fine. I'm glad we are leaving but I'm sad you are leaving the Queen. She looked heartbroken." Fay said.

Hermit turned his head to look out the window to stare at the houses as they pass by, he was sad for leaving the Queen but he knew, he always knew he will leave the palace someday. He just had no choice when he got attached to the Queen. She looked after him. She was everything to him.

"it hurts. But you are all I have now. Once we get to Cold Lair division, it's just you and me." He spoke as he stroke her hair gently and she cuddled closer.

"you are everything I have too but don't worry, you have us. Aileen is here too." She took his hand and placed it on her baby bump.
"I know." He spoke gently.

Hermit couldn't remember much about Cold Lair lair division but he knew, he could recall a few memories of his mother in Cold Lair division, so, his mother had stayed there before. Not all her time in Cold Lair kingdom but she stayed there

Their journey will be a long one though, it will possibly take about two weeks and maybe, just maybe he'll get to Cold Lair division to see Venus' letter.
Although he had lost the ability to speak after his outrage and had isolated himself after that, still, Venus' wedding was something he didn't want to miss. It was something Venus knows of.

He looked down at Fay and inhaled sharply, this was a new place they are going, a place he knows nothing about, a place he could easily be betrayed, attacked. A place he has to keep a close eye on Fay, so he can always protect her. This division is praised for their war tactics and praised of their animalistic behavior. Their hospitality. He has been to war many times yet he wasn't sure for the first time in his life if he could control such division.

When he made enquiry, he heard that this particular division was ruled by 3 governors- two governor, one tribunus, before him yet his father called those governors back to the capital saying their time of service in the Cold Lair division, was over.
The king had done this purposely to keep Hermit very occupied and his hands full. Hermit knew of this because the governors aren't even old enough to retire.

"you are thinking too much again." Fay's voice dragged him out of his thought.

"you can't blame me." Hermit said with a small smile. "do you know? I can speak now to anyone, I think." He told her and a soft gasp escaped her lips.