Chapter 1

The noise in the laundry room refused to die down as a new gossip is circulating amongst the workers and will soon be heard in the kitchen.

The thunderstorm was only making the palace noisier.

Her brown eyes settled on her best friend as they did the laundry.

Fay was a daughter of a kitchen maid, she was raised by Madam Kate after the demise of her mother and now she's nineteen years, having spent all those years watching the politics within the palace and of course crushing on one of the princes.

"Fay." her friend Kailyn snatched her out of her thought.

''I know Kailyn, you have a new gossip, pray tell. What must that be?'' Fay asked.

''prince Hermit has killed yet his fourth bride.'' Kailyn told her and a crease between Fays brow appeared.

''but they just wed last night.'' Fay spoke.

''and he couldn't wait for even a day to get rid of her. Someone as mute but evil minded like him.'' Kailyn said.

''true. I heard they'll change our chores tomorrow; I pray to serve prince Jacobi.'' Mala. Another maid spoke beside Kailyn.

''prince Venus is the best.'' Kailyn said.

''prince Venus is half as evil minded as prince Hermit.'' Mala spoke with disdain.

''why complain. Their beauty attracts me.'' Another of the maid said.

Fay agreed with that statement, the princes are very handsome and that is because the king have eyes for very beautiful women.

The princes are seven and some are age mates as they are from mistresses.

Only two princes were birthed by the queen, the rest are sons of mistresses, some mistresses were forcefully given to the king- for example, prince Hermit's mother. She doesn't love the king but was forced by the king to share a bed.

1st Prince-Marius is the son of a mistress.

2nd prince- Adam is a year younger than Marius and the first son of the queen.

3rd prince- Emmett, who is a year younger than Adam.

4th prince- Jacobi, is a month younger than prince Emmett so considered the fourth prince but both sons are from different mistresses.

5th prince- Venus is the son of the queen- her second and last child, a year younger than Jacobi.

6th prince- Theodore is three months younger than prince Venus, also a son of a mistress.

7th prince- Hermit is the son of another mistress whose beauty they consider unrivaled. He is two years younger than Theodore.

The beauty of the princes is always gossiped among the palace maids, it did sound funny that the king has no daughter. She would have cause war between other kingdoms when she gets of age for marriage.

One similar thing about the princes; is their dark aura and very reserved demeanor.

But since growing up, Fay wanted to know how it'll feel to live a life with prince Hermit, even if it won't last forever.

''hurry up girls.'' Madam Kate request for your audience. Their boss in the laundry room announced.

''yes, madam Hannah.'' The girls chorused.

Fay and the girls hurried to the kitchen to meet madam Kate.

''listen up girls, we are in short of cleaning workers and even the chamber maids. So, I'll change your chores.'' Madam Kate announced.