Chapter 7

I don't know what Dylan told everyone. I also don't care. I need to understand the game he's playing. Everyone's always scheming behind each other's backs. He's not different, except he's good at hiding his intentions. 

He's too good. 

He even told me he would work things out with the team so it wouldn't be uncomfortable. Why does he care? 

It's easy, he thinks I care. 

I don't. 

They're just my coworkers, if they don't like me being here, they can't do much. It could make my work harder, it's true, but I can deal with it.

I can't say I'm not disappointed, though. Not about them hating me, but the fact they didn't stand up for what is right. I lost the dream of getting a community way too long ago for it to bother me now. I didn't find it in my hometown, plus my mom died because of them. I didn't find it at school. I didn't find it at college. I never even had a virtual friend.

There's always something with people. They have intentions. You can never know if they're interested in your well-being or want to harm you unless it's too late. Even if they want to see you well, It's mostly for their benefit. So, it works. I don't want to be part of this stupid game. It's still sad that part of me thought I would find it in this company. 

A community. People who care. Really care. I guess that stupid part of me just died.

It was about time.

I took my eyes off the laptop screen to see Tyler and Jules walking in laughing. They stopped when they saw me, though. The truth is they must hate me. I've not only destroyed their work, but I've also insulted their sweet sweet boss. 

Obviously, a crime.

Today, Rebecca only said good morning. No blabbing or trying to get closer to me. It's good. If I knew they'd leave me alone when I destroyed something, I would've wrecked everything a lot sooner. I guess whatever Dylan told her, it was not enough for things to go back to where they were. Unless he made up a really sad story about how awful he feels after my not-so-brilliant deeds. In this case, she'd not feel for me, at all. She loves him. Maybe Dylan thought I would be socially tortured and would quit. That must be his plan. I'm sure it's better for a company to have an employee quitting than firing them. That stupid jerk. Of course, that's the reason! He's too smart.

"They're giving you a bad time, huh?" Blaze leaned on the table while he lowered himself to my level, his face the same height as mine. "Well, good for you I'm here."

"Go away, Blaze. I'm trying to work." I lied. I wasn't in the mood to deal with anyone. Especially him and his handsyness.

"I'm taking you out tonight." I arched my eyebrows. Excuse me? "Don't need to worry about what to wear. I'll send you a dress. You'll love it."

"No, you won't." This didn't surprise me. The timing did. I knew he was going to ask me out. He's flirtatious with everyone, but I was the only one who had to deal with him for most of the day. I just hoped he would've picked a better moment for it. One that didn't have me going through a lot of bad surprises at work. Actually, thinking about it... It makes sense.

"Yes, I will." He held a smirk on his face and winked at me. I almost gagged. He's really trying to get close to me while I'm, supposedly, feeling all kinds of messed up. "Be ready at eight."

"I'm not interested in dating you, Blaze."

"Ouch." He put his hand on his chest. "Well, I like that we're going straight to the point."