Chapter twenty-three: Memories of the past

Percy was woken up by a kick in the shin. He groaned in pain through the cloth in his mouth. He tiredly opened his eyes and blinked multiple times. He looked up at Gabe.

Immediately he was wide awake, his breathing became uneven, and he tried to move away from him, but he was stuck in the chair.

"Shh," Gabe shushed him and leaned forward, he placed a ruff hand on Percy's right cheek. "Relax," He smiled.

Percy stared with wide eyes at him. He clapped Percy's cheek and walked over to a small table he hadn't seen before now. He picked up a plate and returned to stand in front of Percy.

"I brought you some food," He smiled. Percy eyed the food then looked up at Gabe. "Quite nice of me, don't you think?" He grabbed the cloth that was tied around his head and loosened it. It fell down around Percy's neck. Gabe picked up the fork and scooped up some food, he then held the fork outside of his mouth. "Open up, kiddo."

"Don't call me that," the demigod hissed. Gabe put the plate down and tightly grabbed Percy's jaw.

"I said, open up." He ordered. Percy stared with wide eyes up at the man. Gabe forced Percy's mouth open and forced the food inside. "Chew."

He slowly did as he was told.

Was his family looking for him? Were there cameras in the Avengers Compound? There had to be, right? They would check the cameras and see Gabe. If they saw Gabe, they would know where to find them. If they found them, they could get Gabe arrested and save Percy.

Gabe nodded with a small smile.

"My little kid," He ruffled up Percy's hair. Percy swallowed the food. "Are you excited for today?" He asked with a smile, "My buddies are coming over here later."

Buddies...

Percy shook his head frantically, "Pl-"

"No talking!" Gabe yelled. Percy jumped in the chair; his eyes were as big as teacups. "My buddies are coming over; they have missed you too." He spoke with a low voice. "I can only imagine how much you've missed them too," he smiled and caressed Percy's cheek.

Gabe left shortly after that with the plate of food Percy didn't get to finish. His stomach rumbled in hunger, but he ignored it. He had to get out. How had he been this stupid to believe Gabe had changed? He still searched for approval from the man who had hurt him.

He looked around the empty room, there was nothing that could help him escape. He just had to see if he could get free by pulling at his wrists.

When were his family coming? He needed them. Couldn't they hurry up? Why didn't he own a phone? Why hadn't he brought something with him that they could track? He groaned mentally. He was going to die before the week was over.

***

"What do you mean by, he's gone?" Bruce frowned.

"I... He's gone. I can't find him." Natasha looked at him.

"No, you're just not looking." Bruce crossed his arms. "Tony, please search the building." He looked at his science buddy.

Tony nodded, "Sure, thing bud, but are you sure that-"

"Just search the building," The doctor stressed.

"Okay, fine," Tony called one of his suits and suited up. He then flew off while speaking with FRIDAY.

"I'm sure Tony will find him," Natasha tried to calm him with a hand on his shoulder.

"Are you sure? Because the last few times Percy went missing, he didn't come back for almost a year." Bruce looked her in the eyes. "Who's to say he won't ever return? We don't even know where he is." He cried out.