↳ 25. 𝘢𝘶𝘴𝘵𝘳𝘪𝘢𝘯 𝘨𝘳𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘱𝘳𝘪𝘹

this chapter is not very long but that's cause its basically the continuation of the last chapter just from Oscar's POV. i'm loving all your reactions from the previous two chapters. this is the last chapter of Part 2 we start Part 3 after this. I'm going to be a bit slower with updates as i'm in the middle of a move but i'll try my best to keep updating. :) 

cheers! 

x Vi.

─── 🧡🥐💥 ──

Oscar sat alone in his dimly lit driver's room, the aftermath from the sprint race still coursing through his veins

Oscar sat alone in his dimly lit driver's room, the aftermath from the sprint race still coursing through his veins. The confrontation with Aelina had taken him by surprise. They had called a truce, a ceasefire of sorts, to put an end to their on-track clashes. The last thing he expected was a heated argument over the recent wheel-banging incident that had cost Aelina to lose her spot to him.

As Oscar replayed the scene in his mind, he couldn't shake the image of Aelina's frustration, her eyes ablaze with anger, the same kind of fire that had him calling her a firecracker. Their exchange of words had escalated, tensions rising like the temperature on the asphalt after a scorching hot lap.

But when he challenged her instead of snapping back with a sarcastic comeback, she closed the distance between them and kissed him. Time seemed to freeze in that moment, and Oscar found himself momentarily paralyzed by the unexpected warmth and softness of her lips against his.

But before he could even comprehend what was happening and let his brain catch up to his actions, leaving her with a prominent love bite, what was he thinking? Aelina broke away from his grip so abruptly before turning and fleeing from the room, leaving him alone with the lingering taste of cherry and mint.

Now, as he sat alone with his thoughts, he couldn't help but run his fingers through his disheveled hair and his tongue over the aftertaste of her lips on his lips. Confusion clouded his thoughts.

Why did she kiss him? He wondered. Had she been thinking about their kiss just as much as he had been thinking or was it a heat of the moment thing? Oscar had always prided himself on not letting anything affect him so much that it disrupted his calm demeaner, but Aelina had thrown him off balance, like a sudden change in weather during a race.

With a sigh, he reclined on couch in his drivers' room, staring up at the ceiling. The room felt both too quiet and too loud, the conflicting emotions swirling within him. He wanted to confront her, but he knew if he pushed right now, she'd get cagey and then they would end up in a bigger mess.

🥐

RACE DAY was upon him before he could even blink. The sun beat down on the Red Bull Ring, casting a golden glow over the vibrant green hills that surrounded the circuit. The Austrian Grand Prix 2023 promised excitement, especially for Oscar.