↳ 04. 𝘱𝘶𝘳𝘱𝘭𝘦 𝘴𝘦𝘤𝘵𝘰𝘳𝘴

[my lovelies, could you please leave me votes and comments so i know your enjoying this book :) ] 

.・。.・゜✭・.・✫・゜・。.

Qualifying on Saturday was the second-best part of racing because a successful Saturday was essential to winning on Sunday

Qualifying on Saturday was the second-best part of racing because a successful Saturday was essential to winning on Sunday. A position for Sunday's race depends on the qualifier. Getting a sucky start on Saturday meant a fucked Sunday unless extra work is put in to get to the top.

Pole positions were Aelina and everyone else's favorite. In the sport one could bounce back from a second-or third place starting point, but Aelina believed in not putting added pressure on herself and always trying for the pole position, this was how she operated in F3 and F2 and how she was going to operate in F1 too.

Squeals of the tires hitting the road bounced off the pit walls as Aelina walked toward Porsche's area. Each team had their own garage on the pit lane where the team prepped before the race, including small rooms above the workstation where Liam and Aelina got ready. Aelina geared up in her suite for her third practice session.

She completed two successful practice rounds like she wanted. And after their usual meetings to discuss what they could do with their car to better it; it was now time for Qualification.

The two cars were performing very well behind the RedBulls and but in front of the Ferrari's and the team wanted to go for a top 5 quali. If they managed to do that it would set a record not only for the two rookies but for the rookie team too.

Warm-ups, car check-ins, final calls with their engineers, those were just some of the first things they had to go through, everyone was in their respective places hoping that their cars would perform as well as they envisioned them to do so. Aelina and Liam stepped right outside of their respective garages and into the pit lane to do more stretches before suiting up again. Liam and Aelina used to do the same when they were in F2 so getting to do it again in F1 was like old times.

Being on separate teams the second time around in F2 had things slightly different. But they still had a bond that was seen as powerful because they knew how to work with each other.

"How are you feeling?" Liam asked.

"Like my nerves are on edge but also so excited."

"Me too, this is the dream. We are finally here."

"That we are."

"All the best," Liam said to her.

"To you too," she smiled back. They walked back into their respective garages and put on the rest of their gear before lowering themselves into their cars. Aelina's race computer was put in front of her cockpit as she went over necessary details before it was time to pull out for qualifications.

"Welcome one and all here we go again it's been a long winters break but formula 1 is back and it's time for qualifying for the 2023 Bahrain grand prix at the Bahrain international circuit. Here's the circuit were going to qualify on in just a few moments. 3.363 miles track distance, full throttle 63.34 percent and the race lap record time being 1:31.447 set by Pedro De La Rosa. With a top speed of just over 200 miles an hour, we have already seen the pre-season testing and the free practice. With four new rookies this season and two of them with the very well performing rookie team Porsche. Three DRS zones and the middle range with tires. The circuit is glowing, the cars are sparkling and here we go, the first qualifying of 2023."