↳ 17. 𝘮𝘰𝘯𝘢𝘤𝘰 𝘪𝘯𝘤𝘰𝘮𝘱𝘭𝘦𝘵𝘦

this chapter is pretty short, but the next one is going to be a long one, this one just had to be short because its from oscar's pov and you know me :P anyways! hope you enjoy the chapter, its a little of the sad side. warning for mention of anxiety/panic attack and talk about toxic ex. next chapter is monaco grand prix. ;) yours, Vi x

─── 🧡🥐💥 ──

The air in the brightly lit hallway felt heavy as Oscar watched Aelina, gasp for breath, as if her chest was tight and constricted

The air in the brightly lit hallway felt heavy as Oscar watched Aelina, gasp for breath, as if her chest was tight and constricted. The remnants of a panic attack still lingered. He knew the signs, watching her trembling and vulnerable. Beads of sweat glistened on her forehead as she tried to steady her erratic breathing.

"I don't think you should drive in the state that you're in," Oscar said. He knew the minute Aelina ran out of the room; he knew something was wrong. He couldn't help but follow after her and the state he found her in was scary. He'd known Aelina most of his life, but he had never seen her on a verge of a panic attack. He wondered how long she had had these attacks.

He felt himself jump into help her without a second thought, somehow helping her ground herself, he talked her through the worst of it and when she came through, she pulled away so fast if he didn't know better, he would have thought that he had burnt her or something. But the truth was just that, they weren't friends and what she had experienced must have been so personal that the thought of her rival helping her must have been too much. Oscar couldn't fault her. So, he did the only thing he could think off, he texted Logan while he tried to hold Aelina off from driving.

"I'm fine," Aelina said as she struggled to breath.

"Just focus on your breath, alright? In and out. You're safe here." Oscar stated, trying to still be helpful.

"I'm fine," Aelina repeated.

"Sure, and I'm the King of England," Oscar retorted. "Just be seriously, your vison was spotty, you could barely even recognize my voice. Now you want to go driving by yourself?"

"I'm not leaving my car here." Aelina snapped.

Oscar let out a sigh and ran his hand over his face, dealing with her was exhausting. She was so fucking stubborn. "Sainz, be serious mate. You shouldn't be driving. Just please, call someone or let me driv—"

"No, I am not getting in a car with you," she scoffed, trying to stand up but failing.

Oscar let out a frustrated sigh and looked down at his phone, to his luck Logan had responded.

IMESSAGE — logan🦅+ oscar

oscar
need you to help
aelina had a panic attack
at the therapist
I know she would prefer a friend

logan🦅
mate
shit
I'm on my way

oscar
trying to keep her from driving
whats the eta?